Clozzer vs HSBC

Clozzer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have now completed my first letter approaching HSBC for a refund.

Using the online statement facility I ahve gone throught he past 6 years and have only identified £210 in charges (HSBC have entered these on my statement as TOTAL CHARGES) from memory I am aware that these were incurred by my going over my set over draft limit. They have a nasty habit of deducting these charges from my account at the end of the month which generally send me back over my OD limit...GITS!

I am sure I remember getting letters telling me about other chargers in the region of £10 every so often, but can not see what they are on my statements so will ahve to miss those out.

Anyway, have completed my speadsheet of charges and shall be posting Recorded delivery tomorrow.

I plan to send to my Branch Manager (name unknown) unless anyone else has a better suggestion?

Prelim Letter sent to HSBC - 30th June 2006

HSBCs Deadline to respond - 14th July 2006

In addition I used to have an HSBC credit card which I got rid of a year ago. I still know the credit card number. Will it be possible for me to find out from HSBC what, if any, charges I incurred with that account?

address sounds fine, but i'm a bit concerned by the fact that you cant find any other charges on your statements, it will prob show up as dr- card misuse fee, or

dr- unpaid item for instance,

make sure you get your total right first time as it makes things much easier, regarding the c/c just send off a dpa request for the information on your c/c statements, just the usual dpa letter will do

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

No one have any advice on my credit card query?

I ahve not managed to find a Credit card specific section to this website, please direct me if there is one?

*Edit* question was answered at the same time I posted this! Many thanks!*

address sounds fine, but i'm a bit concerned by the fact that you cant find any other charges on your statements, it will prob show up as dr- card misuse fee, or

dr- unpaid item for instance,

make sure you get your total right first time as it makes things much easier, regarding the c/c jsut send off a Data Protection Act request for the information on your c/c statements, jsut the usual Data Protection Act letter will do

Cheers!

I will trawl back through the online statements tomorrow but the only charges I found were:

TOTAL CHARGES (went over my OD limit)

CHARGE (£1 for use of a cash machine)

and interest payments. I KNOW i paid more, I just can't pin it down. Perhaps I am just very very mistaken!

I agree I should try and get it right first time.

btw you cant claim the cash machine charge back, as this was a service and not a penalty

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

btw you cant claim the cash machine charge back, as this was a service and not a penalty

I know, I wan't intending to claim for the cash machine ones, was just listed what I had found on the statement, the same with the OD interest. I am only going to claim for the interest incurred on the penalties.

Ok I have not been able to find any of the other charges I was sure I had, they must have just been the standard interest. The only charges I found that I can claim for have been in the last year totalling £210 before interest on the penalties.

My prelim letter and spreadsheet of the charges is going recorded delivery today.

Am hopeing that since my claim is for such a small amount that they just pay it straight away! Am saving for my wedding so it would come in really handy!

Ok I have not been able to find any of the other charges I was sure I had, they must have just been the standard interest. The only charges I found that I can claim for have been in the last year totalling £210 before interest on the penalties.

My prelim letter and spreadsheet of the charges is going recorded delivery today.

Am hopeing that since my claim is for such a small amount that they just pay it straight away! Am saving for my wedding so it would come in really handy!

i wouldnt hold your breath , but you never know

• 3 weeks later...

No response to the first letter. I have opened another account , am now getting ready to send the LBA, but am a bit nervous...is it really worth it all for £200? I am scared of ending up with a black mark against my name

so after humming and hahing this mornig about whether I should do an LBA letter I got hometo night to find a letter frmo Mr Longdale which said that I agreed to the payments when I opened the account, yadda yadda... but settleing for the full amount!

donation on its way to this website!