StueyCG v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have been working in Singapore for the last 6 months and have totally lost track of what has happened to Bank Reclaims and what I should do now im back. In June I was sent all my statements that id requested and was have lost just over 8k !!!!!!! in charges!

That was as far as I got. Now im back I would like to pick up where left off, but it seems it has all changed! aaarrgggghhhh

anyone advise me what I should do now please!?

All advice greatly received!

Hi stueycg there have been quite a few changes over the last 6 months, the main one being that the OFT test case against banks which is due LATE JAN 08 has put claims on hold. There are exceptions for Hardship but the majority are stayed.

You still follow the same procedures so your claim is registered.

There isnt a closure date for claims, if you complain to the bank about your charges you will get a standard letter back along the lines of all complaints are being logged but will not be dealt with until after the OFT test case. You need this to backdate your complaint rather than wait until the OFT test case gets concluded as there will be appeals and it may rumble on a bit.