Next Directory

Mike220359
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

My wife has a Next Directory account, which she has had since it started in the 80s (I know we're old!)

Next have a very clear instruction on the back of each of their monthly statements saying that they will apply a 'service charge' of x% on the opening balance of each statement. Fair enough, seems clear!

Anyway in 2003 we noticed that we had paid the equivalent of 3.25% interest of the opening balance, whereas we should have paid 2.19%. These anomalies were duplicated twice more and we wrote to them at the only address that we had to contact them (in Rotherham) but no reply. Obviously we started to pay more 'service charge' each month as time went on compounded buy the fact that we had I think three further 'anamolous' interest aplications.

We wrote again this year the excess interest had risen to about £40 by now - small potatos I know but hey ho, since I had found their customer relations department. A week later we got a fob off letter giving us £10 back as a sweetner, but saying that there were no anomalies in the servce charge applied in the previous six months.

But I did say that the problems were before that period, we repeated the fact in a subsequent letter together with a spreadsheet of all the overcharging (we have all the statements) they refuse to budge.

There must be something we can do it's our money.

Help

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

• 4 months later...

Bump

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Hi Mike

If you type 'Next' or 'Next Directory' into the search engine above... on the same row as UserCP you will find other threads regarding Next.

I now owe them £849 which I am threatened to being defaulted with - I actually owe them 2k but that is the missed payment accruement - I am pregnant with twins but not entitled to maternity allowance because I have not worked for my employer long enough (I have a 14 mth old daughter) and so was on maternity leave during the qualifying period....

... so basically, I wont be earning anything for the next few years whilst I raise three children!

So with more outgoings than incomings, Next are going to have to wait - and I don't find them helpful at all when trying to explain this - I was just told by some foreigner quite forcefully that I must pay that amount by such and such a date.. I just gave in, I was too tired to be bullied that day and agreed to get him off the phone. I am fuming now, with the bas***d!!!

Can you claim from Next then? About their late payment fees (I can't recall whether they charge late payment fees or not?) or their interest?

The interest calculation is clearly written on the back of each months statements, so it's really quite easy to calculate it.

They've only just started using late payment fees at (I think ) £5 a time.

Mike

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear