Moebius vs Cap one

Moebius
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am about to start a claim for charges on my now closed capital one card.

I would like to have a try at claiming contractual interest and i wondered if anyone had a link to a working spreadsheet and apr calculator?

Seems the links i have found are not working.

Thanks

Thanks Steven,

I have filled it in and it shows £500 in charges. I have used 34.9% apr interest as the statements I have do not show monthly rates.

This comes to £500 in charges and £550.33 in CI I think.

Thanks for your help and support.

ps is there a quick and easy link to Credit Card charge letters?

Moebius

You are right - the interest bit of page 1 doesn't seem to work properly (I have never used that bit.). What you can do is to put the interest levid on charges in the first set of columns on page 3. You can only ever estimate interest charged because you don't have access to the algorythm the bank uses. WhatI suggest is this:

For each month where you have charges there should also be an interest addition at the end of the month on the statement. Some (most) of this will be legitimate interest on what you have borrowed so you need to estimate how much is due to charges. Put that in another row as a charge.

As to credit card letter, just use the same ones as for other bank charges but modify appropriately - obviously drop references to overdrafts and DDs and substitute late payment cahrges, etc. Also I haven't looked at the letters recently but you should remove any reference to the Unfair Contract Terms Act and the Supply of Goods and Services Act if they are still there (this applies to bank claims as well).