Allied International Credit

philby21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think most people on here are aware of Allied and they're tactics but I think I may have managed to get the message across to them that phone calls will not be tolerated (repeated threats of Trading Standards, OFT & police etc).

What I have had now has been a couple of letters both saying about court action and offering an 'our of court settlement'. The first intimated that I was ignoring them (not the case) and the latest claims that I have failed to make contact with them (an outright lie).

My intention is to send them another letter, enclosing a copy of my previous offer (which they have completely ignored) and stating that any court action will be defended and that they will have to explain to the court exactly why they have ignored my offers.

On both of the recent letters they have given me a time limit of 5 days from postmark to respond, I'm questioning whether this is entirely legal??? Personally, I think this is just a tactic to try and get me to phone them (NOT going to happen!).

I always enjoy pointing out the particular regulations to these people (such as the Protection from Harrassment Act) so if anyone can advise what the time limits are for things like this I would love to know.

Also, if anyone has any advice as to what happens if a company takes someone to court having completely ignored written offers I would be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

:)

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Executed Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some important deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has committed a summary criminal offence and the matter should be referred to Trading Standards for action once the DCA continues to demand payment.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks Curlyben, I've spoken to a Mr Murray (others here will have heard of him) on a couple of occasions and left him with no uncertainty as to what I think of him and the tactics of the company he works for! Never at any time have I actually talked about the debt with him!

I was considering sending a CCA request and your advice has just pushed me over the edge, the letter is written, printed and just needs posting!! I'll update this thread when they respond.

What has confused the issue with this debt is that another company were dealing with it previously (BLS Collections) and I was receiving letters from both. As BLS got in first I continued to deal with them but they stopped contacting me after I wrote to them making an offer and telling them about the harrassment from Allied. Allied got a similar letter saying that I was dealing with BLS and that unless they could verify their authority to deal with this matter then I would not talk to them.

After what's happened to me in the past I treat companies like Allied as sport, when you've been sat in a court with your wife in tears trying to convince a magistrate not to give your house back to the mortgage lender - letters/tactics like this don't scare me!!