Charge on my house ***WON***

polly55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Date xxx

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER PART 18 OF THE CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES

Dear Sirs

Account No: BLANK

County Court Claim No: BLANK

Regarding the above, please let me have;

• A true copy of the executed credit agreement relating to this case and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.
  • True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement and of any notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold

• Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

• Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.
  • I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Polly you're going to have to send an amendment to your request as you need to give them a date as to when to send you these documents by. The CPR doesn't define how many days are allowed, it only defines the time limits as what is reasonable. I would suggest 10 days. Please also read this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

sorry hjack, the references above to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), one says 40 days another says 14 and then there is mention of 10. Plus there is payment of £10 mentioned in some and not others, can someone explain ? Should section 22 be metioned as well

Found these on here: CPR - Parts and Practice Directions

PART 18 - FURTHER INFORMATION

PRACTICE DIRECTION – FURTHER INFORMATION - This Practice Direction supplements CPR Part 18

PART 22 - STATEMENTS OF TRUTH

PRACTICE DIRECTION – STATEMENTS OF TRUTH - THIS PRACTICE DIRECTION SUPPLEMENTS CPR PART 22

It's how he information is requested;

Subject Access request - 40 days and a tenner - under the Data Protection Act

Consumer Credit Agreement request - £1 and 12 days - under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

CPR request - free (reasonable time should be given) - Civil Procedure Rules

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

No reply yet from Weightmans or HFC regarding request and Royal Mail tracking can't tell me its been signed for yet. Should I send off another letter Special Delivery (sent last one recorded). Also, noticed in a letter from Weightmans when they first wrote that they refer to 'your agreement with HFC Bank' which of course I never had, the original agreement was with HSBC. HSBC did send me a notice of default in February 2007 but the next thing I knew Weightmans wrote to tell me they'd 'been instructed by HFC Bank Limited in relation to your account.' I know HSBC own HFC but it seems a bit iffy to me.

I'm putting together a letter for the court in my defence. The reason they give for wanting a charging order is that it will take too long to pay off at current rate. However, I've just increased my repayments to all my creditors by 150 pounds a month, but can't increase HFC because of the CCJ. They've also added 917 pounds in 'solicitors costs and admin' and 410 court costs for the county court proceeding which they initiated. Are they not creating the situation they're appealing against? Any help drafting this letter to the court would be greatly appreciated. I have the Application Notice scanned and the original Judgement if anyone could help.

Thanks

In addition to the above, looking back on my HSBC statements, I notice there are quite a few charges. Who do I send an SAR to HSBC, HFC or the solicitors. As I've already been county courted can I still claim the charges back? What should I do next. I'm in court on 11th Jan and am getting worried that i'm not going to be properly prepared. Help, anyone!

Royal Mail tracking can't tell me its been signed for yet.

Well it's reasonable to assume that they got your letter. Court documents are actually normally only sent by second class post so it's not something I would worry about.
I have the Application Notice scanned and the original Judgement if anyone could help.
If you could post it up removing personal info first that would be useful.
As I've already been county courted can I still claim the charges back?
Yes. This information should be given as part of your CPR request.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

polly, who the hell are you , youre really mad. or debtors have driven you up it.

Hello Polly,

Have you come back yet:D I have had a look at the documents that you posted up, but unfortunately they are too small to read.

Please don't despair, help will come, if it doesn't soon pm one of the mods, site helpers to have a look.

What do you need to know???? That is without reading all of the post that have been posted.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

oh your a darling, such a relief to have a reply. Have i posted my documents in the wrong format?

Hello polly,

Now that sounds a more rational response:D I know how it feels to post and no-one responds:( We do get desperate and feel that we are on our own. You need to be a bit more forceful, start pm'ing for help.

Now regards your docs, I don't know what format you used, but a lot of peeps on the site use photobucket to post up docs. It is a free service on the internet. So if you type in photobucket in your browser and follow the instructions, hopefully, fingers crossed, you will be able to post up the docs and they will be readable. Even I managed it, so it is not that hard.

I will catch up tomorrow, as sleep is calling and I have to get up early.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW