UK Default Recovery

philgos221
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

phil,

do you really want to pay £765 for something you haven't got a clue about?

of course not!

as curlyben said previously, wait for them to reply to your cca.

you are now in control. dont panic.

cheers,

bartymuv.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, all. I've just joined the site because I was researching the same company.

About 18 months ago my partner received exactly the same letter for an amount around £900. He had no idea what it referred to and I was suspicious because there was no information regarding the origin of the debt. Also the 0870 number added to my doubts. We had received no letters from any bank or company regarding a debt previous to this, which we would have responded to, and although we were quite worried, we knew there was no outstanding debt and I suggested he throw it away because it must be a [problem].

They sent a couple more, like the other post, and I still said we should ignore them, it just didn't ring right. In these times of incredible debt it seemed reasonable that a fishing attempt may well reap great rewards and we were just another of many receiving these letters.

They then tried to ring my partner at home during working hours, and funnily enough he was at work. I asked the nature of the call but she would give me no details and was pretty forceful. She asked to leave a message and I took her number but told her that there was no way he would ring an 0870 number, gave them his mobile (because at this point we wanted to know who had instigated the debt and get it delt with) and recommended they ring him after 6.00pm. They did try his mobilee but he was busy and missed the call.

A few weeks later we received a much reduced figure that was valid if we settled immediately. We still had no reason to think this was anything more than a [problem] and at least if they took him to court we would know the details! Again we threw the letter away. They tried calling our home number during working hours again and this time as soon as I realized who it was I told her I was unable to take a message, she would have to get hold of him herself.

Months pass..... I think they've gone away..... Oh no! here we go again! The same letters, same phone calls etc etc.....

....months pass..... I think they've gone away.... Oh no! here we go again! Blah blah blah.... LOL

It seems that they give it a go, give up, leave it six months and try again. Or that's just the mailing cycle on their system.

I would appreciate any comments and I have no experience or knowledge of these matters but we are confident that this is rubbish and now the most annoying thing is having to tear the clear bit off the envelope to recycle it! A friend of mine told me that if they hadn't been able to contact you for twelve months then their time runs out. Don't know how true that is but we don't intend to contact them anyway.

It makes me really angry that this is happening and just wanted to ease the minds of anyone else who has received letters from this company. Obviously if you do know what the debt is you should deal with it but there are many people out there who are very trusting and would pay up without question. I feel for philgos221 as they are very nasty, scary letters.

I hope this helps others, sorry to have waffled on.

Bye for now.

CLB

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Phil,

12 working days + 1 calendar month = criminal default

Contact trading standards and place a complaint

Would need someone with more knowledge of this area, but I think there may be action here under the Fraud Act 2006 (attempting to obtain monies by deception)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

I wouldn't bother with trading standards - they do NOT enforce (as this is simply an arm of your local council. Non compliance is an issue for the Information Commissioners Office and will in no way assist (or hinder) any claim you may want to make against them.