Does anybody know how.....

MissWorried
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To get back a debit card payment?

What it is, yesterday I thought I signed up to do a CeMap course with a company online, but I didn't :-(. The way they made it sound was as if I was receiving all course materials online once I'd paid my fee, which I did.

It turns out this morning, that all they provide is notes telling you which sections of a book (I still have to buy from another provider) to read, apparantly it's a way of saing 30% of time studying. I didn't know this at the time.

I have spoken to the company concerned and they said they don't give refunds, and I have spoken to my bank, who said they are unable to get debit card payments back as I authorised it initially.

If I'd have known this company was such a con, I would have gone straight through "ifs" and brought the course material from them, in hard form, rather than thinking this other company would be better because it can be done online.

Does anyone know a way I can get my money back from this other company? surely it's false advertising or something? I have no idea what to do, but I can't afford to lose money this close to christmas :-(

Hello there.

When you signed up did it tell you in anyway that this is what they would be doing?

Do you know where the company is based?

I'm no expert in this field but I can press a magic button and summon someone who is clearly more equiped to help you, so I shall do that right now :)

Hi,

I'm just going to double check the website now, but I don't think so no. They are based in wales I believe.

Brilliant, Thank you, any help with this will be appreciated.

(sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it!!)

Ok, I have checked the website, and the front screen says this

"

Would you like to complete a CeMAP training course but haven’t got the time to do it? We have the answer! We now offer an Online training course for those who wish to do it in the comfort of their own home or office and at their own convenience.

Benefits of doing CeMAP Online!

• Complete the Online course in your own home or office and at your own convenience. No pressure, No timescales!
  • Sit the CeMAP exams at your convenience and when you feel you are ready to take them.
  • Our Head of Training, Mr David Kemp has written the Online course with an easy to follow approach. He has condensed the Modules Books down and has re-written the context in an easy to understand way. He has highlighted the sections which in our opinion are vital to learn and he marks out sections which you need to give attention to.
  • You can book and pay Online and within hours be able to commence the Online course. We have a secure link for taking payments by Credit Card over the web.
  • We offer real opportunities to join Multi National Companies, large and small networks or even run your own franchise."

So from this I assumed that the course materials were included, otherwise how am I meant to "within hours be able to commence the online course"!

Yet all you get, is access to a website, telling you which areas of a book to read and highlight. Its madness and they won't give me back my money. I contacted them, and got told they are a reputable company - Hmmm.

Hi MissWorried,

If you feel you have been mislead, you could print a copy of the offending data on their website (incase they change it) and then phone up and ask for one of the directors, Mark Mitchell or Kevin Moyes - that should make them listen. If a monkey asks what it is about say it is private.

When you speak to one of the organ grinders tell them you genuinely feel you have been duped, and unless you can get it sorted, next port of call is both Cardiff Trading Standards and Legal action for recovery through the county court.

Tell them they picked the wrong person to mess with today because your connected to the CAG (ok skip that bit).

Thank you very much! I had thought about printing it off incase they did just that, I'll do it now.

As for speaking to them, what are they likely to do? I have just read their terms and conditions, (which are hard to find, and in small print!), and it says that refunds are a no go basically because once it's been paid for, and access given, the information is available for download.

At this point, anything is worth a try. I am so frustrated! Does the text I pasted earlier sound to you guys that the course material is provided once you pay? (or is it just me!)

As for speaking to them, what are they likely to do? I have just read their terms and conditions, (which are hard to find, and in small print!), and it says that refunds are a no go basically because once it's been paid for, and access given, the information is available for download.

Well, personally I wouldn't stop there.

Do the terms & conditions state that you will be refered to a website which tells you which books to buy? I think a chat with trading standards could be worth doing.

I'm wondering if the unfair terms in consumer contract regs could be of help?

At this point, anything is worth a try. I am so frustrated! Does the text I pasted earlier sound to you guys that the course material is provided once you pay? (or is it just me!)

Hi sequenci!

Thanks for your response. No the terms and conditions don't say anything about that. I know I keep repeating myself but from the text I pasted, I honestly believed that I would be received access to full study materials. The price I paid was £145. If I had gone through ifs direct, it was £130, and you do actually get the study materials in hard copy form.

All I got when I paid ,was access to the "module" which was in fact this "

Throughout this text we will be giving you TIPS to make your understanding easier.

I have just got off the phone to Trading Standards, and the lady advised me to write a letter to the company, send it by recorded delivery and wait and see what they come back with.

Does anyone have a template of such letter? I have no idea how to word it that;s all. She said to write that I feel the website is a misrepresentation of what was actually accessible. To request a refund and see what happens. She said I could either use the angle of "No cooling off period" as in once you access the site, you are locked in, or "breach of contract" but I didn't sign anything?

I don't know what to do :-(