• Tweets

• Standard form being sent to large numbers of claimants. Just answer as the form asks.  No need to  go into any detail, unless the forms asks for specific details of how health impacts on daily activities. If you are worried contact Citizens Advice as they are experts with PIP, as they are trained to understand what evidence is required for assessments.
    • Resume payments with the debt collectors? You say not to pay dca though do you not? 
    • yes they mostly would be enforceable, but that wasnt the point. even if they get a CCJ the very worst they could have done is get a restriction k which is useless to them. doesnt hurt anything. the CCJ would remain on file for 6yrs yes, but then gone same as a DN. the rest k charge does not show at all. and even so, the idea was to get your debts issued a default notice ASAP, them RESUME payments.. the advise is NOT conflicting, just you don't read things properly or understand.  oh well. dx
    • This is the dilemma I had then and still have it. The bit that stopped me was the post 2015 comments about them being enforceable now in most instances which I feel hasn’t been answered unless I am missing something. the bonus I guess is not all credit agreements now will be chasing me so less people chasing me down so to speak. this is the problem as there is conflicting messaging out there it is hard to plan a strategic way forward 
    • In 2017 my wife was given PIP and I finally, officially, became her carer. In 2019 she was reviewed and we were told it would be done by phone to make it easier for her as she has mobility issues and anxiety. The review was very simple, Has anything changed? No, ok, we'll stay as you are then. In 2022 a second review, this time by phone again but with an awkward given at the end for 5 years. Today, we got a new review letter (I know wait lists are bad, but I dont think the wait will take til 2027 for a decision). We're a bit confused because it's a letter, not a phone call as before. The form is just questions that ask "has anything changed" Now, since 2017, nothing has changed except we had our home adapted via disability grant. This was noted in the phone calls. So we should really write that nothing has changed in the last 2 years. The adaptations have been mentioned in both previous phone reviews, but not in writing so I guess we should bring it up. But we feel that they want us to explain everything as if it were a new claim again... And are worried if we miss something in the original claim or the phone calls she will risk losing part of the award (a 2 point swing could be really bad) It does just say "has anything changed?" But in dealing with ESA prior to getting PIP, answering the question asked "has your condition worsened or improved" at a review process with a simple "no, I'm still the same" somehow led to ESA ending and needing appeal. So just want a bit of guidance. How much detail is needed? Is minimal ok? Or should we be blunt with the fact nothing has changed, and bullet point the things she struggles with in each section?   I know the obvious thing is to just explain it all,but over 10 years the sheer amount of times the poor woman has had ESA or PIP stopped/refused just because something was missed out in their report, or they felt it meant a new claim should be made, or that they judged her healthy because we missed a tiny thing in our forms. During COVID it finally seemed like it was all just going to be smooth, especially with the phone reviews and the 5 year reward, but here we are. We just want to make sure we have the least chance to trip ourselves up, but making sure we have what is expected if you get me? I wish I still had a copy of the forms from 2017, because I could just verbatim copy them and add in about the adaptation, but (ironically) we lost our photocopies we kept of them when the house was being adapted
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mat V HSBC

mathancock
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here we go. I have the template and have read the forums. I am now confident and very determind. First problem is where do i send the letter asking for a list of my charges? Is there 1 national address or do i put my local branch into http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp ?

This is going to be fun :)

Hello!

You can hand in your letter into the branch, as you can all the letters (untill you have to deal with the solicitor of course) as they all end up in the same place.

Be sure to obtain some sort of receipt.

Crusher :-D

I took the ''preliminary approach for repayment'' letter to the bank on 27th June and handed it in to a very nice lady. I got to her to sign a reciept too.

I am just checking that i now just have to wait? Within 14 days i should recieve a letter back and then we go from there, correct?

HAVE I MADE A MISTAKE !!!!!

I took my letter to the branch yesterday but inmy haste did not check my other accounts or add on the interest. Since doing this i am now owed an extra £1000. Can i just sent the letter again with the increased amonut or do i need to do something else. Help Help Help :o

If they are different accounts start the same process with them. If they are the same I would try to increase the amount but explain it with a full break down. We did change our amount at one point. Coz they ignore the letters I think we got away with it.

HAVE I MADE A MISTAKE !!!!!

I took my letter to the branch yesterday but inmy haste did not check my other accounts or add on the interest. Since doing this i am now owed an extra £1000. Can i just sent the letter again with the increased amonut or do i need to do something else. Help Help Help :o

you can claim for as many accounts at the same time as you like as long as the total claim is below £5000, the interest that you refer to , is that the 8% interest, or the o/d interest?

as regards your possible mistake DO NOT PANIC, all you have to do is send them a revised preliminary letter and restart your 14 days again, and ofcourse make double sure that its right this time (i.e. interest)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Good luck with it.

We got our money as you know on Tuesday. The last two weeks we have been on holiday, we only got back on Sunday. Yesterday we got a letter from Halifax (our new bank) saying they were charging us 30 quid as we had gone over our limit by 8.28 for two days. Ealier that day we had been into the branch to pay in 3300 (the money from our hsbc claim). They didn't tell us about these charges at that point!!!!

When we got home this letter was waiting for us. We called them up and asked them if they would cancel the charge as it was a slight oversight, they said no. We got put through to customer services who would "explain why the charge cost that much", they started telling us how they had to decide manually if they would allow us the 8 pound or not. I interrupted him saying "Can you see whatamount of money I have paid in today? Well I got that by suing HSBC for excessive bank charges." The man asked me to hold on and two mins later came back on the line and told me that they would drop the charge!!!!!!!!

At least I dont have to pay the charge. All this after telling me they would allow me 10 pound grace on my limit.

Well yesterday i recieved a letter replying to my first prelim letter (before interest and only one account) saying the standard answer of could you please send us a breakdown of charges blah blah blah. I decided to ignore this because i have subsiquently sent my second prelim (Including all accounts and interst) with a full breakdown of charges.

Now its gets interesting! This morning i received the following letter.

Dear Mr Hancock

Thank you for your request with regard to information about charges and fees on your accounts for the last 6 years and please accept my apologies for the delay in our response.

We note you do not want copy statements, however, this is the only format in which the bank holds the information you require. For this reason duplicate statements have been ordered on all your accounts, including your credit card.

Yours Sincerely

Ian Shepherd

Centre Manager

I dont want my statements! i have used there online facility to calculate what they owe me!

Any ideas please?? Should i just carry on with the deadline (7 days left) or is this letter classed as a response.

I would love to here your ideas in what they are doing.

Having thought for the afternoon i have decided to send a letter in reply. The contents of this will be something like.

Thanks for your response but i do not consider it to be positive as requested in my letter dated 28/06/2006. I am still awaiting for that and should it not reach me by Wed 12th (14 days from that date of my original letter) you will be hearing from me again.

What do you think? Any opinions are more than welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

RESPONSE LETTER TO LBA

After sending my LBA i have recieved a reply which is below. Do you think this is a standard response and they are trying to scare me off? Should i continue with my timetable? Has anyone else recieved this letter? I would appreciate your help please.

Dear MR Hancock

Thank you for your letter dated 11 July 2006 requesting a refund of bank charges of £2584 going back 6 years.

The bank does not agree with your contention that the charges that have been imposed constitute a penalty and are therefore unenforceable. The contract between the bank and its customers is governed by our Personal Banking Terms and Conditions. In respect of overdrafts, I would refer you specifically to clause 7.11 in section 2. If you authorise a payment that would, if met by us, lead to your account going overdrawn or over an agreed limit the bank considers whether or not to make this payment and a fee is payable for this service.

Our fees and charges are clearly stated in our published price list and there circumstances in which these charges will apply are clearly set out in our terms and conditions which you will have been provided with a copy when you opened your account.

Whilst i accept this letter will not provide the response that you hoped for, I trust i have been able to clarify the banks position. If you are not satisfied with the banks response you should now refer your complaint to the Financial Ombundsman Service, as this represents our final response on this matter.

Yours sincerley

Mr Colin Langdale