south east water company chasing me for previous tenants bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on behalf of a friend

south east water are chasing me for water used by the previous tenants. i have a bill for £611 but have only been in the property for 97 days. when i moved i gave a meter reading of 1323 but the water company are chasing me for a reading of 932. ive explained to the water company but they aren't listening and insisting i pay the bill. im going to contact energywatch in the meantime.

any advice greatly appreciated. :-)

I have a very similar problem with BRITISH GAS. It appears that the previous owners left it nearly a year before informing them of their new address and theyr finbal meter reading. Now they are chasing us up for the balance even though we dont owe it...becasue the previous owners gave an inncaurate reading and they are choosing to belive them as they are BG customers and we are with Swalec. All the bills and demands are addressed to oour house but 'the occupiers'...so without our names can they still take us to court??

Energywatch will be able to give you proper advice. Make sure you keep all your bills and anything that proves when you moved into the property and meter readings at the time etc. Always write to these companies if there is a dispute do not telephone them as you will need a record of whats been said. Good luck