Brighthouse and missing spouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone and thank you for this site...

I've just had a visit from Brighthouse who my husband had an account with. Unbeknown to me he is a few weeks behind and basically our relationship broke up this weekend. He left taking everything with him (including his purchase from brighthouse) and at the moment I have no idea where he is. I did tell them this. They wanted to enter my house which i refused as i had company (my mum who knows nothing about my problems) but offered to let then look through my window at my ancient TV in the window, as the one my OH had was a flat screen, and then they tried to accost my 13 year old son on the street, questioning him about where his dad was. They demanded to know were I worked and also where he worked. Unfortunately my other half had a nervous breakdown and his employment finished 4 weeks ago which is why he ended up in arrears. My son knew no different and told him where I worked (started this week) and where his dad was working. Within 5 minutes they had turned up at my new job and also at my ex's work (unfortunately both are staffed 24 hours and i dread the reaction when i get there tomorrow after being there 2 days)

My arguement is...it's not my damned name on the account? Why should i be accountable for this? When i argued this his answer was "Thats not my problem...your the only contact I have for him"

BTW...all this was discussed in front of my 13 year old son and his friend who were sat on the garden wall. And it's not even my account !!!!

We've been with them that long that his other references have long since moved on so me being the only contact could be true.

The short of it is....whats my options here? Can i stop them calling in the evening and questioning my son and his friend??

I would love for my OH to come back if he is feeling ready and we will face this together, but can i request they put all details in writing and stop harassing me???

Kind regards

Rain

You need to report this to your local TS immediately as this is a blatant breach of the DPA and the OFT guidelines on debt collection.

I would also contact their head office to report the matter and the ICO to complain about the breach of the DPA.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

You need to report this to your local TS immediately as this is a blatant breach of the Data Protection Act and the OFT guidelines on debt collection.

I would also contact their head office to report the matter and the Information Commissioners Office to complain about the breach of the DPA.

Yes!

And if any of their monkeys turn up at your house again, call the police, they have no right to harrass you or your son the way they did. DO NOT let them in your home, they could be anyone! You don't even have to open the door to them, they are literally just trespassing.

• Haha 1

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

Just to add to the previous posts, this is an utterly disgraceful scenario.

You do not have to let them in, and you do not have to even talk to them if they turn up, the debt collection guidance is quite clear about debt collection visits.

Just to put into context, they have no more rights than your paperboy does.

If they refuse to leave when asked as previously stated, call the police. Me being me i'ld do it in front of them on my mobile...

You'll find your local Trading Standards Service here;

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

And the debt collection guidance here;

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Good luck, Dave.

• Haha 1

They had no rite in questioning a 13 year old child. I am glad u did not knock him out ova this as i would have been very tempted. Tell them if they call again to Foxtrot Oscarand shut the door. If they refuse to leave or attept to force entry then call the police. I suggest that u just wait and see what is happening about this as they will more than likely call again. If they send any letters just rite on the front in big letter

NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS. crossing out all your address details.

• Haha 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi, I would think in your situation the last thing you need is these creeps giving you hassle. I have been in a similar situation many years ago now - thankfully ex OH is now OK, but I made the horrible decision of forcing him to go before he pulled me down with him.

I would suggest if you have an address for them you send them the following, but obviously adapted to say that you are not responsible for the purchase, and do not have the goods.

Please note that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a "doorstep call", please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless.

My thoughts are with you:)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

My favourite letter Paul - Rain I hope you are getting all this advice and that it is helping you:)

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

That is the letter i was trying to find goldlady.

You should not be responsible for your OH debts. IMHO

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

*SNAP* Goldlady

i was just about to post the same letter, great minds eh?

regards

paul

On the laptop tonight, couldn't find it!!!

I'ld print that off in a bigger font with the heading "Trespass and Harassment Warning". Give it to the goon next time he calls and as soon as he's finished reading it start dialling the police and see how quickly he leaves...

Best of luck, Dave.

well i had not thought of that DMD maybe i should try that for the pondlife that live round ere.

i am not the amobeas are intelligent most ppl round ere arent. Any way one of these amobeas have my OH phone.

Ok maybe i should explain. Last weekend my partner was fishing and lost his phone in the river at his grans house where he was fishing. Now the fish have got his phone. Lets just hope they did not make any long distance phone calls b4 we cancelled it. :D

PMSL - my kids dropped my phone on a riverbank while trying to video bats - we thought it had gone in the water but we rang it and OH found it although he got lots of nettle stings getting it back. Video was still running and we now have recording of me and OH yelling at the kids for losing the phone!

BANK CHARGES

Others

Sorry i know it was off topic but i just thought it would be a good idea to explain why i thought some pondlife were inteligent. Sorry i hope everyone had a laugh about it we still are.

yer well he did try looking for it but it was no luck it is at the bottom of a 15 + foot drop at least i think it is.

yw rain. God knows how many more ppl are gonna laugh cause of it. If this makes just a few ppl smile then i am happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Has this been resolved yet?

I am watching this thread with interest.

Cheers

Lefty (The Brighthouse Slayer) ;)

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

• 3 months later...

Bump Bumpity Bump!

Greetings folks!

Hopefully, we will have successfully lured you back to this thread via a “new post” notification email! :wink:

We are trying to collect stories of people's experience with Brighthouse. Eventually we would like to make up a dossier.

We would like to know about how Brighthouse staff have treated you, particularly if you have got behind with payments.

We would also like to know if you have been pressurised to take out any insurance or optional service cover (OSC).

Furthermore we would like to know about problems you have had with goods from this company and how Brighthouse have handled repairs or replacements.

Here is the link to the thread to post your stories.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/brighthouse/131337-brighthouse-horror.html

Please don't add your story to this thread. Use the thread in the link above.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)