Flossy vs NatWest

Flossy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, am a new poster, although have been lurking for a while.

I've recently decided to bite the bullet and ask for my bank charges back. I asked for copy statements, and was charged £5, but instead of Jan2000 - Dec 2002, I got Oct 2003-Feb 2003 - 3 times!:o

Anyway, after a bit of moaning, they refunded my £5, and a VERY nice chap in my branch wrote me a lovely letter detailing the charges for the last 6 years, gave me the Advantage Gold subs figure AND refunded charges figure too, which meant that I could write my "give me my money back" letter today! :)

I have delivered this to the branch (using the Library script) and my little clock is ticking merrily away..... to the tune of £2151.91! They had already given me £697 back over the period (I'm very good at complaining - or so my kids tell me!) but I want it ALL! At one point, the charges in one month ate all my salary payment, causing me to be overdrawn AGAIN....that vicious cycle experienced by many.

Anyway, will keep you updated! ;-)

Flossy

NatWest £3211.86 - WON :D

Prelim letter sent 26/06,

Chq banked 25/10

Capital 1 c/c £240 - WON :D

Prelim letter sent 03/07

Response rcvd 18/07 - paid in full! (but paid off o/s balance :| )

Guest NATTIE

Unfortunately, you won't be able to claim the advantage gold fees back. Those fees are not penalty fees. All the rest are fair game. Expect the response within seven days but if you stick to your guns you're looking at about roughly 70 days fromtoday to recoup the fees(from what I've read from others who have successfully got their charges fully refunded).

I have already deducted the Advantage Gold fees & previously refunded fees from the total to give a claim of £2151.... The actual total amount of fees including those deductions was in the region of £3k.

Thanks for the timing advice - that was very useful to know!

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've received a very nice letter from my branch manager - basically telling me that they won't be paying.

As this was from my branch and doesn't appear to be copied to anyone else in the Bank, do I be polite & send a copy of this letter to the Head Office? or do I carry on with the branch manager?

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

Guest NATTIE

First stop usually is branch manager but you're letter will be on your file so it is noted. I would send next letter to head office

Have today completed my schedule of charges to send off to Borehamwood with my LBA. Chappie at my branch who added up needs new batteries for his calculator though - figure is actually £2311.86 including their interest charges of £78.81.

Fingers crossed that they pay up quickly!

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

Hi, I have just received my 3rd letter from Natwest. Saying they are not legally obliged etc.. etc, but are willing to offer a goodwill gesture of half of initial claim and that is without interest and they will forget abou the matter. No chance!! Claiming online court demand today - hoping for a good result!! Hope you get one too.

Hunbun;)

Well, I received a letter from Mr Shrigley yesterday.....

1. Apparently he is "unsure of the basis for your contention" that I claim the Bank have acted as my fiduciary. Is he being nitpicky, or has he got a valid point?

2. "We have considered the OFT's statement of 5 April 2006 and do not accept its findings in relation to the setting of credit card fees. We are concerned that the OFT has publicly called into question the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts. The OFT has restricted its investigation to credit cards and made no attempt to consult with RBS Group or the industry in relation to other entirely different products.

"Consequently, against that background, we must differ with the views you have expressed and will not be refunding any of the charges applied to your bank account"

Is this the same letter other poeple have received? And am I ok to wait until payday (31st!) to start my Moneyclaim action?

Thanks peeps!

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

Hi Flossy,

I to had a letter from the A & L worded exactly the same. My advise to you is to ignore it, they are simply just using scare tactics. I had all my money returned to me. Just stick to your schedule and your demands. It will come out good!!!:D

Hi,

I have had a reply to my first letter from NatWest offering just under half of my claim. I rejected it and sent a letter saying that I would be going to the courts. I had a letter acknowledging my letter and said they would respond within 14 days. Hopefully they are taking my claim seriously. Fingers crossed!!

Hunbun;)

Ha ha,

funny to see how they are reacting. Must be pretty miffed that their little game is up.

Good luck in claiming back what is rightfully yours!

Pl

Hi,

I have had a reply to my first letter from NatWest offering just under half of my claim. I rejected it and sent a letter saying that I would be going to the courts. I had a letter acknowledging my letter and said they would respond within 14 days. Hopefully they are taking my claim seriously. Fingers crossed!!

SNATCHWEST and NOBBETS no scare me!

I received a letter from S Higley yesterday giving me the 'We have considered the OFT's blah blah ....'. He also said that because I declined the 'gesture of goodwill' it was no longer available would not be repeated and would not be increased.

:cool:

What did you do next? Do I fill out the court forms now?

Take a look at the FAQs - they really are very useful.

To start you off.....

The first stage is to find out how much you think they owe you - look at your statements, or make a data protection request.......

Pl.

Hi all

Im new to this and i thinking about putting in a claim against NatWest but im not sure where to start please could some1 help me.

Thanks

Mike

SNATCHWEST and NOBBETS no scare me!

I received a letter from S Higley yesterday giving me the 'We have considered the OFT's blah blah ....'. He also said that because I declined the 'gesture of goodwill' it was no longer available would not be repeated and would not be increased.

:cool:

What did you do next? Do I fill out the court forms now?

I've got the Moneyclaim online thingy ready to go when I get paid next week - i haven't had a "goodwill offer" so they will get a claim from me instead!

Am a bit annoyed because they surely know that other cases are being paid out, so why put us through the hassle & costs of claiming via Moneyclaim, and incurring more & more legal costs - unless Cobbetts are on a retainer fee for any work during the year, with no extra charging available (never thought i would feel sorry for a solicitors, but if this is the case, they must be losing out hand over fist :D)

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

Best thing is to read all the FAQ'a, then read them again.

And then follow the step by step guide.

Also, to avoid hijacking a thread, start one with a header asking for help - then you'll get more specific responses ;)

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

Just spent luncbreak working out Natwest owe me at least £2500 since May 2000. This is CHARGES ONLY and does not include interest! I need to know exactly how to work out the interest do I need to enter each charge individually in the calculator? Also do I include their interest charges on my overdraft which have been broken down already

Good luck All....

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.....got paid on Saturday, so have paid my court costs to Moneyclaim, 6QZ50372 - £3044.97 inc £120 fees......

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

Think you misunderstood - I submitted my Moneyclaim on line on Saturday 29th....still waiting for any response or money.

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

Quick update....acknowledgement received, papers served, Cobbetts are defending the claim. Lets wait & see what happens now.....

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

Defense received 10/9

My A/Q filed 14/9

Cobbets A/Q received 26/9

50% offer received 30/9

Refusal of 50% offer faxed & posted 02/10

Hopefully 100% will be offered soon!

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07

• 3 weeks later...

I won!!!!!! :D

Just rang Ms Burgoyne (as she hadn't responded to voicemail or email) and she told me her colleague had put a cheque for the full amount in today's post!

yippee!! :D

Just need to wait for the cheque (which is going into a different bank!) and then pay off my debt to NatWest!

Chq banked 25/10

Prelim letter sent 03/07