Direct Line Insurance - car claim issues

joanimal1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I was involved in an accident on the 6th Oct whereby a lovely lady drove through a stop street into the side of my car. I tried to report immediatley to direct line, but had to call back on monday which I duly did to kick things off, as it was only the emergency services working on the weekend.

so it took them until the weds to finally pick my car up (10th) so I had to take 3 days off work as they kept promising me that it would be 'today', 'first thing tomorrow' etc. I spoke to the garage that was instructed by DL, and they kept telling me I had to drive it in, when the rear wheel was bent in - this was instructed by DL

Only today (22nd) is my car actually being assessed by the 'engineer'. This is after DL has told me on occassions that it is a write off, now its not, now its being assessed etc etc My hire car has now run out, and they are still unsure if it is a write off or not!

I have asked for a manager to get back to me, but Croydon office seems to let them take 2 hr lunches and they just dont call back. I have asked for a regional manager to get hold of me, which the Croydon mgr said she would do, but now apparantly not, its been logged with the complaints dept!

So directline are saying they are working as quickly as possible, my car should hopefully be assessed and now I dont have transport, and I start a new job on the 5th which requires me to have a car! DL stating that they only have to give me 14days worth of car hire, but clearly they havent been taking this seriously.... I dont know if I need to buy a new car, hire a car etc? Are they not obligated to cover hire car whilst they sorting yours out?

Any advice greatly appreciated...

What you need to do is hire a car under a credit hire agreement. Your best bet is to go to a big hire company, explain that you were in a non fault claim, and give them the Third Party details / details of your ULR Company. They will then invoice the Third Party direct.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!