style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recived a final notice of a magistrates liability order/distress warrent for unpaid council tax i was wondering if the baliff had the right to open my front door and walkin on such an order as i was aware they had to obtain a walking possesion order to just walk on in i am also confused the nice chap said in a bullying manner that if i didn't pay within 24 hours he would come back and force entry useing a locksmith is this allowed? after bargining with the guy he said i could have a week to pay but if i didn't answer the door he would use a locksmith and force entry i offerd to pay him in instalments but he was haveing none of it said the full payment or i lose my funiture ect what are my options and what can he do?

Hi Arkangel.

Everything you need to know is in here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs/107376-what-bailiffs-can-cant.html

Their tactics do indeed sound bullying.

You seem confused about a walk in possesion order, this is when they enter your house, list all your goods, which then become, their goods.

So no matter how threatened you feel.

DONT let them in, and DONT sign anything.

Ask again if you are still not sure of anything.

GOOD luck

TC.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 4 years later...

Hello, I have a similar issue. Been on phone with a High court enforcement officer he says he is coming to my door tomorrow morning(sat) 9am to levy goods or get full payment £800 fines. Has distress warrent and will bring a locksmith if im not there or dont pay/let him in.. Dont know what to do I arranged half payment for 6th Jan but couldnt afford to and have been trying to negotiate with court for paymnet plan they are not having any of that and neither is the bailiff. What can i do please this is a mess?

I did here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330993-Arrest-Warning-and-High-Court-Fine-HELP

Its for driving no tax insurance etc, travelling on railway no ticket...all criminal fines I am worried sick I said can pay £200 in am when he comes wont have it started saying will take goods to an auction house and levy on me, Nothing here is mine and I cant get receipts, or a stat dec as I dont know a solicitor and its sat!!