"hbos Face High Court Show Down" Bbc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BBC News link :

> ** High Court showdown for HBOS bank **

> The Halifax bank will appear in court to justify its refusal to repay bank charges to 11 customers.

> BBC NEWS | Business | High Court showdown for HBOS bank >

Interesting that HBOS made £6Bn last year, how much of that was our money taken as charges ???

Why are they so defensive about being able to pay (even the Northern Rock didnt get that defensive).

I am sure nobody has ever suggested anything like

MAY BE THEY CANT AFFORD TO PAY ?

BBC News link :

> BBC NEWS | Business | High Court showdown for HBOS bank >

Interesting that HBOS made £6Bn last year, how much of that was our money taken as charges ???

The answer to that question is here Welshwizard

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

They obviously think they are totally above the law:mad:. It has been said before that the banks should have their credit licences withdrawn if they have CCJ's against them.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

In reply to stonedecroze point to welshwizzard

BANKS SET TO MAKE AN ESTIMATED £20.5 MILLION[3] IN INTEREST WHILE THE OFT RUN A TEST CASE AGAINST BRITAIN’S HIGH STREET BANKS

WRONG ! WRONG ! WRONG!

They are saving £20.5 MILLION POUNDS EVERY DAY by people not registering their claim, whilst the general public perceive that things are "on hold” and do nothing.

Here's my calculation.

Est. £32 bn taken over last 6 years in charges.

Given the statute of limitation the banks always run behind, every day the banks can convince the general public to do nothing about it they are gaining £14.6 million.

Given they are only "open for business" 5 days a week this equates to £20.45 Million a day (before they even put the key in the front door).

Also consider most banks changed their T& Cs last November, so that we are no longer "breaching the contract" it follows that by Nov 2012 there will be nothing left to claim.

NOT BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD IT ALL BACK BUT BECAUSE THE BANKS HAVE BENEFITED BY "AGREEING" TO THIS NOMANSLAND DELAY CAUSED BY OFT TEST CASE

& IF YOU THINK THERE IS ANY CHANCE OF IT BEING RESOLVED BY FEB OR MARCH 2007... THINK AGAIN..... THINK.. £20.45 Million

£20.45 Million £20.45 Million .......the banks must be laughing their collective cocks off (their weather veins) at the moment.

WHAT CAN WE DO ?

If everybody on this site urges everybody they know to urge everybody they know etc to register their claim (even if they want to donate the proceeds to charity) The weather veins will turn against the Banks and the chickens will come home to roost.

JUST A THOUGHT !

WOW thats £200 Million in 2 weeks, which is more than the banks have returned any way since 2006!

Are you sure that your calculations are right ?

If so that would be a saving of £2.5 Billion to the banks between 27 July and 14 January.....clever bu**ers no wonder they were so keen to get into the test case.

If I were a bank, I would string things out for as long as possible or suggest a compromise which they know damned well the OFT will have to appeal and hey presto "£20M+ aday and it looks like the OFT are causing the delay.

More people should read this !