HSBC Just Keep Adding Charges

spreadercraig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Firstly what a great forum!

Secondly.... HSBC, for nearly three years have been adding hundreds of pounds a month on two accounts for overdraft charges.

I've been paying a small amount into these accounts for goodwill, but they're charging £3 a day plus an extra fee per month.

I was about £800 overdrawn on one account and now the balance is around £6000. I've stopped opening the HSBC statements.

If they would take off the charges I could pay the original debt now anyway...but is there any chance of them doing this?

They have offered me an extra loan of around £10000 which would cover everything, but surely then I've commited myself to paying these extortionate charges.

Anything I can do?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

By parachute account do you mean a different account at a new bank?

If so I have done that. I've still been making token payments into the account though, albeit very small ones.

How would claiming them back work though? Would I pay off the original overdraft first or would they refund the charges (if they would) then I pay the overdraft?