• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

halifax default credit agreements**WON**

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes It Is Correct

I Am In Court Over The Agreements In Early Feb, Check My Thread Welcome Finance

The Reason This Has Come To Light Is That Welcome Have Sold Account To A Dca, They Got Heavy So Began Claim Over Enforcebility, Dca Returned Account Back To Welcome

Dont Want To Confuse My Main Thread, Just Looking For More Ammo

Just Need Opinion On The Validity Of The Default

another point is on my credit file it states default 13/01/04

the default notice states 14/10/2004

Yeah that is a good question. I had not noticed that.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

oh rite.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Just A Quick Question Ref Defaault Notices

Like I Said Account Defaulted By Credit Company Shown On Credit File

But The Default Notice From Company Is Dated Nine Months Later

Can They Do This And If Not What Are The Financial Penalties

Involved If This Is Incorrect

Many Thank Just Looking For More Pressure To Aid My Court Claim

Hi, under the Data Protection Act 1998 Data on your credit file must be accurate, so if you can show its wrong you can have it removed/corrected and if youve suffered quantifiable damages you can claim those damages too

however, you really need an understanding of the Data protection act 1998 and the legal arguements before taking action

As Usual Exelent Advice From The Forum

In Reply ,even Through Learning Have Very Limited Knowledge On The Data Protection Act. The Same Was For The Consumer Credit Act Until Stephen Sorted It. I Had To Ammend My Claim At A Cost Of £75 And Dont Want That Again

I Need To Send A Forceful Nudge Letter To The Company About This. I Wll More Than Not Get This Default Removed Through My Court Claim But Just Covering All The Options Avalible

Many Thanks

ermmmmm I havent checked yet, but going from memory i was under the impression that a default notice gave you 14 days to clear the default also allowing for service......to my mind that would put the default limit at or about 30th Oct...(issued 14th...two days service 14 days allowed ) there seems to be a discrepacy with the dates

will check up and look back

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Nope sorry Dave ,

NOTES

Amendment

Para 3: in sub-paras ©, (d) words "not less than fourteen days" in square brackets substituted by SI 2006/3094, regs 2, 3.

Date in force: 19 December 2006: see SI 2006/3094, reg 1.

Para 6: words "not less than fourteen days" in square brackets substituted by SI 2006/3094, regs 2, 3.

Date in force: 19 December 2006: see SI 2006/3094, reg 1.

taken from Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices)

Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) prior to that dates above it was only 7 days

I should have checked before posting ....not after......hmmmmm

I KNEW it was a mistake to open that other bottle of Merlot 8)

you are correct paul.....(as always)

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

a bit confused

a default notice states that unless the ammount paid in a specific time the account will be defaulted

so how can they register a default nine months early with the cra

am i missing some thing, a default notice gives you an opertunity to rectify the matter before a default is registered

is what they have done an offence under the data protection act

a default w

Hey Postggj

I feel its a misunderstanding of the mechanics which has left you with this problem

The Default Notice is required before the claimant can demand any outstanding monies or terminate the agreement etc.

the default notice tells you that you have breached a term of the agreement and what action you must take to remedy the default

now a default on your credit file is a record of your financial relationship with the creditor, so what you would need to do is look at the date in question and see if you had indeed missed payments at that date

if you had missed a substantial amount at that point then they would be entitled to register the fact that you failed to make payments

so the Default notice served under the CCA is not the same as the Default recorded on your credit file in essence

that said of course, if the agreement is unenforcable this could be a good arguement for getting the default removed from your credit file, the default notice if that contains the wrong figures etc it can also be rendered invalid and not effective in law