Halifax charges - update

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow - look at this:
Have they suddenly got a conscience?
I believe that in the circumstances and the inconvenience you have suffered
Great result...:)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW - very satisfying!;)

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Just ring and say, "I am questioning the credit to my account on May 2nd 2006. Is it correct?" If they say yes, get their name and spend it!!!!

This happened to me 2 years ago with British Gas. I had some problems after they sent me an electricity bill for £1,600.00 & as I live in a 1 bedroom bungalow I knew this could not be correct. I had paid DD constantly since moving into the house 4 years prior to the large bill. Anyway, after I got it all sorted out, they sent me a cheque for £444.00. I rang & told them they didn't owe me this money, but the advisor insisted they did & I should spend it. I gave it a couple of days & called back & got the same reply. I knew they didn't owe me it so I held onto the cheque for a month, thinking they'd ask for it back & when they didn't I rang again & was told it was mine, so I cashed it. 18 months later they asked for it back & threatened me with court action so I'm now paying it back at £50.00 a month, which I really can't afford, but that was the least they'd accept.

All I'm saying is just beware if you don't think the money's yours, cos they may say it is then ask for it back.

great news gives us hope

well done am very pleased for you

xx:D

Halifax preliminary letter sent 17/05/06 charges £2661.00

Bog Standard blah blah blah letter received 22nd May 2006.

received lengthy letter dated 24th May 2006 offering £605 pah!

letter before action sent registered 5th June 2006

letter received in response to lba offering £1801.00 errrrr no ta

court action filed 23rd June 2006

deemed served to bank on25th June 2006

notice of acknowledgement of service has been filed

they intend to defend

7th july received letter PAYING IN FULL!!!

10th July cash deposit £112.58

10th July cash deposit £2869.00

:D :D :D :D

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

• 2 weeks later...
This happened to me 2 years ago with British Gas. I had some problems after they sent me an electricity bill for £1,600.00 & as I live in a 1 bedroom bungalow I knew this could not be correct. I had paid DD constantly since moving into the house 4 years prior to the large bill. Anyway, after I got it all sorted out, they sent me a cheque for £444.00. I rang & told them they didn't owe me this money, but the advisor insisted they did & I should spend it. I gave it a couple of days & called back & got the same reply. I knew they didn't owe me it so I held onto the cheque for a month, thinking they'd ask for it back & when they didn't I rang again & was told it was mine, so I cashed it. 18 months later they asked for it back & threatened me with court action so I'm now paying it back at £50.00 a month, which I really can't afford, but that was the least they'd accept.

All I'm saying is just beware if you don't think the money's yours, cos they may say it is then ask for it back.

Well they sent it in writing, so that's that as far as I'm concerned!!

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

• 6 months later...

Ok...

Got a letter this morning advising me that a payment for £6 was not made as this would have put my account into unauthorised overdraft and they have told me they will take £39 from my account on Thursday (nice for Christmas). I phoned customer services and they have said they won't refund and if I take to court they will close my account. I told them I would write to the OFT and tell them about any bank account closure, but they still won't budge...

what to do...I know I'll get the money back, but...lose my account for the sake of £39?

Right...

I've made my decision on principle - I will pursue this via the courts if it comes to that...I think they are banking on me thinking it's not worth losing my account over £39 - but I will do it, and anything else I can, to challenge their decision to close my account...

starting new thread for second claim

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks