Paypal - Robinson, Way

vibrett
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've received a letter from Robinson, Way for a debt of £95 on behalf of Paypal. The Paypal account is frozen and they haven't replied to our email asking them to explain the £95 debt (we have no knowledge of having used Paypal to pay for an amount of £95 and have not received any emails or messages in the past to tell us there has been a problem). When we call Robinson Way they won't discsuss the details and say we have to pay or write with our dispute but I get the impression they are trying to fob us off. They want a payment in the meantime but I'm worried this means we are accepting liability for a debt thats not ours. If I write to them what should I say - I'll send it registered post but they are threatening court action and I really don't want a CCJ.

Any help advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Since it was PayPal who instructed them, it might be quicker to get to the root of the problem by contacting PayPal - I'm assuming you had an account with them at sometime? If you can log-in with your details you can do it online, failing that they do have a UK telephone number given on the site for folk to telephone.

• Haha 1

RW will shout lots and do little.

Write them an indispute letter and ask them to prove the debt. they can't take any further action while a debt is genuinely in dispute.

NEVER speak to them on the phone - get/keep everything in writing.

• Haha 1

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Thanks for the advice - I will make sure I keep photocopies of everything.

My biggest frustration has not being able to get into my paypal account to find out what the problem is - I thought paypal opersted a no telephone customer service but have now found the number and will also call them.

Thanks again for all you advice - I had begun to panic and you have helped me to relook at things more calmly.

Vibrett