Thames Credit Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh good, I'm glad I don't have to write another letter for the moment.

Thanks for all the support!

:p MY POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY...IF IN DOUBT TAKE PROPER ADVICE...I'M JUST CLAIMING TOO !

NatWest SETTLED IN FULL 25/08/06

Capital One settled in full 12/10/06

LTSB prelim letter sent 25/08/06

LTSB standard prelim response received 02/09/06

LBA sent 15/09/06

DONATE TO THIS SITE BY CLICKING THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE

Never be afraid of writing letters to them. You will get expert help on here. The poor old DCAs have no chance as English does not seem to be a strong point. They tend to rely on computer generated threatomatics.

I'm probably missing something really obvious, but is there a template anywhere for complaining to the FOS re ignoring request for complaints procedure?

:p MY POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY...IF IN DOUBT TAKE PROPER ADVICE...I'M JUST CLAIMING TOO !

LBA sent 15/09/06

Thanks again!

LBA sent 15/09/06

• 2 weeks later...

Next chapter in the saga, we have now received letter as follows:

Dear Sir

We have written to you previously in respect of y9our above account.

There has been no action on your account for several months but the debt will not be written off and the default will remain registered on your credit file, showing as unsatisfied.

The balance outstanding now amounts to £2.936.76, including any interest that may have accrued.

Is you cannot pay the full balance immediately, we will discuss a monthly payment arrangement with you.

Our negotiators are understanding and have been trained to assist customers such as you. They may be able to make suggestions to help you discharge your debt.

We repeat that this debt will not go away, so it is in your best interest to call us. Please help us help you.

Not quite sure what to do next. I know the debt is statute barred, they have refused to acknowledge this or send a statement of the account. I am also still awaiting a copy of their complaints procedure.

Should I just ignore the letter - the 6 years on the default is up soon, so they are misinforming me when they say it will remain on the credit file.

LBA sent 15/09/06

The debt is statute barred as you say and Thames are right the debt still exists. However it is enforcable in law and all they can legally do is ask for the money. DO NOT RING THEM. Send them a short letter telling them the debt is STATUTE BARRED and that you will not be paying them or entering into any further correspondence with them regarding it.

They have been clever with their words but the debt WILL drop off your credit file. Thames are trying to salvage a few quid for themselves.

Don't worry Chrissielr they are living in hope they will scare you into paying up with their constant drivel.

Have you reported them to FOS and TS? If not yet, then I would definitely do so now.

As for responding to them, well I'd prefer others to comment on this as I do not want to give you the wrong advice. I can only say that I personally would now ignore that letter and file it with the rest of them, and instead contact FOS and TS, but others may think differently??

Good luck

Love Spiritgirl x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Oooh ODC mine crossed with yours LOL:)

Thanks for the advice about whether to write or not - I really was not sure about that bit.

Love Spiritgirl x

• Haha 1

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Ok, letter to Thames as per ODC advice and complaints to the relevant bodies will be winging their way today!

Hooray for CAG!!

LBA sent 15/09/06

Much as it pains me to say it Thame are allowed to ask you for the money but that is all. The careful way they have worded their letter tries to make it appear that they have a legal right to the money. Just make it clear you will not be paying them and if they keep on then you can crush them

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

This may seem like a silly question, but as I am just getting around to the FOS complaint it has occurred to me that I'm not sure what matter I should actually make the complaint about.

Am I complaining that they continue to harrass us for payment although the debt is statute barred or is it that they have refused to send me details of their complaints procedure/statement of account?

I'm assuming that the OFT complaint should be around harrassment?

LBA sent 15/09/06

Am I complaining that they continue to harrass us for payment although the debt is statute barred or is it that they have refused to send me details of their complaints procedure/statement of account?

Yep that's the long and the short of it.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too