Love film rip off...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Idk man, I was also thinking of trying out this lovefilm online movies streaming and dvd rentals service to see if it would be worth it for me to get a subscription.

But was quite a major drawback to stumble on the web upon people complaining that it's not that easy to cancel lovefilm subscription and that they've been having all sorts of issues with it.

Suppose I might risk it though since their offer looks pretty interesting.

Hmm, yes it is indeed quite a drawback when you find out about all sorts of problems with it but I don't think everyone has this problem.

Guess I will also try to get lovefilm streaming and dvd rentals subscription and hope I don't run into any trouble with it.T

Though it would have been even greater if they let you download and save instant streaming films from Lovefilm subscription to hdd for watching on some mobile device or anything like this, saw that their supported devices choices are rather limited.

I had the same issues cancelling lovefilm this year - they haven't gotten better...

Called to cancel and posted back the 3 DVDs I had the same morning.

On the same day, had a new debit card.

Lovefilm claimed not to have had any of the DVDs back and got snotty because they didn't have my new card details!

Locked my account online and refused to answer any questions. They then sold it on to a DCA and demanded £30. I've got the DCA to send in back to lovefilm as it's in dispute.

Wish i'd never signed up!!

Really? Well that's not a shocker I suppose since I saw you're not the only one who had this issue with them.That's just a load of **** and not a good way to keep costumers coming back.

Well I am still contemplating the idea of whether I should risk it or not and try out the Lovefilm streaming service and dvd rentals, though would have been more interesting if they also let you download or save Lovefilm streaming movie for offline watching.

I don' want Lovefilm streaming to hog up all my internet bandwidth.

Let's just say it seems there's not a lot of love for Lovefilm going round the internet.:wink:

Of course would have been cool to let you save Lovefilm streaming for offline watching, especially since their choice of supported devices for Lovefilm streaming is rather limited, but they don't.

Ha...I had an email from Lovefilm this morning cancelling my free trial with no explanation other than to look at their T & C's, but their T & C's would appear to allow them to do anything with no notice and for no reason..ha..anyway i just clicked reply and added a nice "Well screw you, then" :)..Anyone know any other dvd rental companies ?Andy

Hah...As I said not a lot of love is in the air for Lovefilm costumer service.:roll:

Well, on the bright side at least it seems that it's possible after all to save Lovefilm instant streaming movies with some sort of screen capture app. Didn't look that much into it yet but supposedly there are some apps that would be able to record and save instant streaming movies from Lovefilm subscription.

Suppose it would be interesting to find out how these work exactly and how good of a job they do.

Hah...As I said not a lot of love is in the air for Lovefilm costumer service.:roll:

Well, on the bright side at least it seems that it's possible after all to save Lovefilm instant streaming movies with some sort of screen capture app. Didn't look that much into it yet but supposedly there are some apps that would be able to record and save instant streaming movies from Lovefilm subscription.

Suppose it would be interesting to find out how these work exactly and how good of a job they do.

There are all sorts of screen capture apps but doubt it really would be worth the effort, Im sure the end result would be pretty naff.