moneyclaim online: can u use last known address of tenant?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

wonder if any1 can help. i was given possession of property and awarded rent arrears. tenant did not leave the property on the day it was supposed to be given back. i contacted bailiffs. after calling over next couple of days he left the property but has not paid the due amounts. i have tried calling him but unable to get a new address. i was told by a colleague that i can use his last known address for moneyclaim online. is this possible. many thanks.

If you already have a court judgement for rent arrears, why are you suing again to get another court judgement? :S

As for using the last known address, if you KNOW he is not there, which is implied by your post, this is a fruitless exercise. Doesnt matter if you can use it or not, what will you gain? If he is not there, all you MIGHT gain(which would be easily overturned if he was not actually there) is a default judgement against him with no way of enforcement.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

The judgement that was given to pay the rent arrears and gain possession of the property (all this was in 1 document), is this enough to pursue him for 6 years? Do i need something that reads CCJ or is the document i have from the judge the equivalent? Do i need to fill in another form N1 form? I am really confused.smiley6.gif

Although the judgement was given how will the credit card companies, etc will know of this.

I don't want to go through the same thing unnessarily. Essentially, i need a document to say that he has not paid the amounts due which the judgement does not say. It is only asking him to pay up which he has not done.

Kind regards

The judgement that was given to pay the rent arrears and gain possession of the property (all this was in 1 document), is this enough to pursue him for 6 years? Do i need something that reads CCJ or is the document i have from the judge the equivalent? Do i need to fill in another form N1 form? I am really confused.smiley6.gif

Although the judgement was given how will the credit card companies, etc will know of this.

I don't want to go through the same thing unnessarily. Essentially, i need a document to say that he has not paid the amounts due which the judgement does not say. It is only asking him to pay up which he has not done.

Kind regards

The court order you have is all you need.

You don't need to do anything more: if the judgement is not paid within one month, the Defendant will automatically be entered on the register of unpaid judgements (the "blacklist"), which is what credit card companies search when doing a credit reference check.

on the other hand why don't you just trace him to his new address?

It is axiomatic that unless you can find the missing debtor you will never get paid.

In due course a credit reference check might throw up a new address for him, or a search of the County Court judgements register might, or a search of the new Electoral Register published next February might.