Viv v's Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya everyone :)

OK, I've done the easy bits, prelim and LBA sent claiming £993, initially offered £195, that was increased to £390 today. No Deal!

I have the forms to fill in for court (I'm in scotland, doing a summary cause) but I need a bit of help working out the interest. I cant get the templates to open as it just keeps telling me the file format is invalid :confused:

I dont have any interest to claim back as I dont have an OD and I've only been charged pence on unauthorised OD so not really worth the hassle. But how do I calculate the interest they owe me on the actual charges? I understand its 8% but thats about as far as I get, I dont know how to do spreadsheets or anything like that, is a spreadsheet essential for my court claim?

Also, which address should I be sending the court thing to?

Thanks.

Viv

I cant get the templates to open as it just keeps telling me the file format is invalid :confused:

Are you using Microsoft Excel?

It's not essential to have a spreadsheet, but it is useful to give a breakdown of the charges, dates, etc.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I guess then you are using Microsoft Works spreadsheet, not Excel.

If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you a spreadsheet which is compatible with Microsoft Works.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for your help barracad, unfortunately I couldnt get the one you sent me to open either!

I'm off to my mums later to see if I can get the spreadsheet to open on her PC.

Out of interest, how long are the halifax taking to cave after they get the court summons?

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks, I'm just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this for me. I have had my interest and court fee refunded to my account on monday but so far no sign of the actual charges being returned. Has anyone encountered this? I have seen that some people have had their settlement in 2 parts but they've had them both at the same time. I've had no correspondence from the halifax at all since I filed the court papers.

Should I give them more time to pay the other part or should I be phoning them in the morning? I dont really know what to say to them if I do phone tho :|