Egg Help

giveitbacktome!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI, I have been reading through these other posts about egg and it seems that no one has been succesfull in reclaiming their charges back, and it seems some peoples egg cards have been stopped and full repayment of the egg balance has been requested. Yeserday i requested my statments to be sent to me (after paying the £10). I currently have a balance of around £3k, i must have had at least £1k of charges applied to my egg card since i took it out. Just wondering if anyone can answer the following:

1) Do i actually stand any chance of getting these back??

2) If they demand the £3k in full (after sending the demand of charges letter), are they really allowed to do this, if so there is no way I can afford to pay £3k uprfront, and if they make me an arrangement to clear this will affect my credit rating even further

3) do i just leave it as it is, or is it worth going for the £1k?

thanks

rob

How I see it is ( and others more experienced might correct me on this) if they cancel you card they of course can ask for their money back, However it then becomes a civil debt. If you offer to pay an amount each month that you can reasonably afford then they will probably have to accept it. They alternative is to take you to Court for the money. A Court would look at your offer to pay and if it is reasonable would uphold it. You could argue at that Court that their action is punitive and is taken due to you being successful against them.

I am not sure if they could apply any interest as if they cancel the agreement the comsumer credit Act cannot apply i.e. if you pay just the minimum amount it will be paid off much quicker.

Providing you maintain your card within limits now then they cannot default as you could agrue this is unreasonable.

Just thoughts and I would imagine other have views too.

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

thanks for your reply......

about them demanding the balance, can they do this whilst im putting a claim through for charges etc, or do they usually demand it once they have had to pay out????

thanks

rob

IANAL

They would do this only after sucessful court action imo. Their excuse being you haven't paid the charges as per their terms - you broke the terms of contract and they no longer want you as a customer...They also might not...

As another poster said, if you offer to pay X per month they could take you to court, but if it's a reasonable payment (based on your financial situation) then it'll get thrown out.

Edit: Just read other threads that contradict what I wrote

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-93423.html

they're closing their account before court!

Don't be put off, you've got a lot less to gain than lose...I'm in the same boat as you :)