Monkeymax V Barclays

monkeymax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HiSlick,

been a while since i've been in here. I have now found that it may be possible for me to claim hardship if my bank has taken over £500 a year in charges. does anyone know if this is correct?

if so how do i go about it??

Sounds to good to be true after 2 years!!

Barclays hearing 30th Aug 07 - now Barclays pay Feb 09!!

Twitter - @monkeymax

Hi Monkey,

I'm not sure on the specifics which will designate yours as a Hardship case but, if you read through some of the Stickies here, you'll get some pointers - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cases-stayed-pending-oft/

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

I have just looked at my Barclays account that i have had in court since Aug 07 on stay and they have made a goodwill gesture payment for 50% of my claim to me 2 weeks ago.

I have not recieved anything from Barclays telling me why this has been done or even hat it had been done. Afew weeks back i wrote to them explaining i had financial difficulties and wish for them to forward me their claim form under financial hardship rules. I had recently transferred all in and outgoings to another bank so the account looked dormant. And thats it!

i never recieved a claim form, i haven't told them anything about my personal circumstances... they just paid.

Will let you know more when i know more!!

Twitter - @monkeymax

Write to them seeking an explanation if you haven't heard anything by, say, a week's time.

You're entitled to a proper reply to your hardship claim and an explanation how how and why they've refunded what they have.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

nope no letter, the payment was recieved on 20th Feb.

i am writing to them anyway to say i'm not happy with the figure and update them on the current outstanding figure including extra charges since case stayed!

i'll let you know when and what i said

Twitter - @monkeymax