Telecoms World plc & T and Cs?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some help on this one please.

I signed up for 0845 services for my own business in Feb 2007. On there website there is no mention of minimum terms of service, or contractual obligations until you are signing up where they have a T&Cs which you have to agree to before signing up.

Anyway, I've now cancelled the service and they have sent me a bill (I've being paying monthly so account is up to date) up until Feb 08. I'm trying to dormant my ltd until I know what I'm doing, but this is going to be really expensive.

I did email them to say that these minimum periods are not stated clearly on their website at all - and imply that services are monthly.

They have emailed back to say that the T&Cs clearly state that the minimum service is 12 months.

I have never received a copy of these T&Cs, they are just made available upon the sign up stage via their website.

Can any one help me out here? I feel like I'm being done over here.

I have a link for the T&Cs, which I can see it mentions minimum terms, but the T&Cs are awfully generic and I wonder if there is a way I can circumvent this ridiculous charging for service I won't be receiving!

Help!

http://www.telecomsworldplc.co.uk/flashpaper/termsandconditions.swf

• 1 year later...

Yes it is a [edited], they did the same with me and took over £100 from my account and didn't even tell me till after they had done it. Stay away from these [edited] or find your accounts being debited without your permission.

Edited by jonni2bad

Hang on... they HAVE your permission! That's what giving them a Direct Debit is all about. They may never have told you the amount before taking it, which is a technical naughty, but there's no issues over their right to take it.

If they didn't have permission, they wouldn't know which account number to take it from.

• 3 weeks later...

Companies have T's & C's to give you all the information you need. It's not their fault that you can't be bothered to read them. If you ordered on line I would imagine that you had to agree to the T's & C's before completing your order. I can't see that their website is misleading, it doesn't say there isn't a minimum contract period. You have no argument.

• 5 years later...

Yes that what they do, they let you sign up for a free service and a year later send you an invoice for a whopping renewal fee.

When they do this they refer to T & C's on their website that are were not there when you signed up.

They have sent me debt collection letters via "Credit Debt and Legal"chaising for a renewal fee and a 60 pound disconnection fee for an 0870 number that I never actually received after tryin to sign up for the free service.

BTW where other people have written the same online you will often see many negative responses which I believe are from the director of the company

MR NEIL ANTHONY BARRALL

Date of Birth: 12/11/1966

26 OSGOOD AVENUE

ORPINGTON

KENT

ENGLAND

BR6 6JT