Out of the eater came forth meat...

vandermerwe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...and out of the strong came forth sweetness.:rolleyes:

"Cattles has seen its profits rise by 28% in the first half of the year as the consumer credit squeeze helped push a record number of new customers [sic] onto its books. About 250,000 people clamoured for loans from Cattles in the first half."

Thus spake the press release duly repeated ad nauseam by the media.:shock:

Cattles, who are they, I hear you ask? Who is this munificent benefactor with a quarter of a million people "clamouring" with begging bowls extended?

None other than the squeaky clean FTSE 250 company owning The Lewis Group, CL Finance, Welcome Finance and goodness known how many dodgy DCAs. Not to mention their para-military wing in Cleckheaton.

Only a 28% profit increase in the first half year - wonder what the full year will be like.

Vandermerwe

Apparently Cattles CEO doesn't like the adverse press that Welcome have been getting (shame). I emailed him when I had a problem getting PPI cancelled on my son's car loan. 8 letters to local branch and head office in Nottingham (all rec del) - and not one answer. 3 days after email to CEO and got a call from branch - grovel, grovel come in and sign new agreement grovel - and here's £50.00 for your costs......... everyone with a Welcome problem should email him - make him earn his money!!!!

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Well done Ell-enn.

Better get in quick folks as Seán Mahon. Chief Executive of Cattles plc (phone number looks like a mobile 07733 124226) retires on September 30 to be replaced by David Postings (ex-Lloyds TSB and Barclays).

E-mail addresss is [email protected] and so they're probably screened.

Probably better to write a letter to Head Office:

Cattles plc

Kingston House

Centre 27 Business Park

Woodhead Road

Birstall

Batley

WF17 9TD

Telephone: 01924 444466

Now where have I seen that address and phone number before?:confused:

Step forward The Lewis Group, CL Finance, Welcome Car Finance and others:D

Suggest all those who are p****d of with their tactics write to Seán and wish him whatever you feel is appropriate for his retirement.

Alternatively, write to the lad David after October 1st and Welcome [sic] him aboard.

Should give Postperson Pat some heavy work!

Oh, yes and don't forget the friend of us all Howard Cohen - it's OK to use the same address as letters sent recorded delivery to the para-militiaries in Cleckheaton are signed for by someone giving 'Lewis Group!

Van

Just to let you know Sean Mahon's secretary gets his emails [email protected]

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.