On behalf of...

wez1211
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to know if it is possible to start a claim for penalty charges on behalf of my wife. I am not party to her account; not a joint account. The wife would obviously like the charges back but neither has the time or patience to pursue this. I'm thinking she would need to sign letters etc, but if it reached the stage of appearing in court, could I act for her?

P.S. Miles v Alliance & Leicester. LOC filed 18/4/06 for £199.00 incl costs.

I have the same situation with my brother. I figure once I add up his claim (approx £1k) and he's signed a few letters and is then eager enough to get his money back, he'll make the time and effort. If he doesn't, it's not my loss, but at least I'll have tried.

If, however you get an answer to whether or not we could act for someone else in court I'd be interested in this too.

[

I'm no legal expert, but I don't see why you could not act on her behalf?

I mean suppose it was someone else who acting on behalf of a relative who was ill and unable to communicate in writing or attend court?

Maybe the Legal Mods could help with this one?

I'm claiming on behalf of my daughter.

To make things easier she signed a letter of authority for me to act on her behalf, which I sent to the bank, and they are now happily(?) corresponding with me. Wording of my letter of authority is copied below, though some banks have got a form for this.

Bankfodder says the claimant has to appear in court with his/her "litigation friend". I didn't know that, but my daughter would want to come anyway (in the most unlikely event we have to go to court, that is).

--------------------------------------

[customer’s address]

Customer: [customer’s name]

Account Number: [sort code] [account number]

I authorise [name of person acting] of [address] to act on my behalf in respect of my claim against [name of bank] for the refund of bank charges, and associated interest and costs.

I also authorise [name of bank] to correspond with [name of person acting] in this matter, and to provide him with any information relating to my account that he may require.

[customers signature and date]

• 5 months later...

Hi, i'm currently helping my sister and her friend with reclaiming their charges. I've sent Cap 1 and RBOS 'power of Attorney' for both parties but they are refusing to deal with me stating that the documents have to be signed by a solicitor. Could someone advised on this please. I feel this maybe yet another piece of bum information there giving out.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks