Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Drive/Drop Kerb - very fishy decision from council

Wonder if any of you have any advice.

Mums eldery friend has had a drop kerb, driveway installed at the cost of 10,000 - from a well respected builder.

Planning permission obtained, all work carried out, job done.

Council have received a complaint from a local resident, have met with mums friend and the builder and have now said all the work has to be reversed.

Didn't think this would be possible if the plans have been followed to the letter.

Any idea's?

First step I think she needs to get is the decision in writing and why.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Drive/Drop Kerb - very fishy decision from council

Quote Originally Posted by Enron View Post

Council have now said all the work has to be reversed.

First step I think she needs to get is the decision in writing and why.

Do you mean that at the moment she has only had verbal notice?

I don't see how they can reverse planning permission previously granted. If there has been a breach of pp, first thye must tell you what it is and give you the opportunity to correct it .

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

The builder can do what they want to on the driveway but the council have to do the pavement and drop the kerbs. I had to pay around 600 to the council several years ago to have the kerb dropped outsde my house. They didn't allow private contractors to care out the work

Same here. I did my driveway but the council dealt with the dropped part of the pavement.
    I don't think any council allows private builders to drop the kerb.
    What's in the planning permission?

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details