Incorrect charges from J D Williams

Juls69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m looking for some advice regarding a default I have on my credit file which I have now paid in full.

In September 2008, I opened an account with the JD Williams (T/A The Brilliant Gift Shop).I defaulted on the account in August 2011 for the value of £548.I received a letter from The Lowell Group on 2nd February 2013 advising me that JD Williams had sold the account to them on 20th December 2012.

By then, I had settled the account with a payment of £100 in December 2012 and the remaining balance in January 2013. They advised that they would start reporting against my credit file within 30 days of the date of the letter actually happen until May 2013.My credit file is showing the balance as ‘satisfied’ in May 2013 and not January 2013, the date I settled the account.

I completed a SAR to both JD Williams and The Lowell Group and received the following:

The Lowell Group – copies of letters sent to me advising that J D Williams had sold the debt to them.

J D Williams – a full statement of my account and it would appear that I have been charged £276 for a number of £12 administration charges and £142 for a Peace Of Mind Plan.

I have 3 questions:

1. Can I claim for the 'administration and POMP charges'? If so, who do I claim – JD Williams or The Lowell Group?

2. Can I request that The Lowell Group update my Credit File to show that the default was paid in January and not May 2013 as they have stated.

3. Can I ask for the CRAs to put a correction note on my file to state that I am disputing the default amount?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.J

Edited by maroondevo52
formatting

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry you were missed.

ALL reclaims must go to JD Williams as they were the ones charging you.

Did you agree to POMP? Did they add it without your knowledge? Was it suitable for you?

With the default, you can ask the Leeds Losers to amend your credit file but I doubt they will be that bothered.

Your best bet is to add the notice of correction next to the disputed entry not that it matters much as it is the default that is damaging and that falls off after 6 years anyway

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

HiThank you for replying.

I did not agree to the POMP and there is nothing in the documentation sent to me by J D Williams relating to this policy.

Should I request that they refund the payments to me in a separate request from the administration charges?

Are there any templates I can use?

I have contact the CRAs and they have agreed to add a notice of correction next to the entry.

ThanksJ

In the library (top left-in green) are some template letters and also some spreadsheets to help you work out what JD owe you. They charged interest on the charges at x percent so you should be charging them the same for looking after your money :roll:.

I would do two letters but enclose them in the same recorded delivery letter.

If POMP was added monthly (as I'm sure it was) they charged interest on that too so use the spreadsheet to work that one out too.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE