Invalid Default Notice

Shafters
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being taken to court for an alledged debt for MBNA.

The Debt was sold to a DCA and the solicitor acting on behalf of the DCA has sent a copy of a default notice which I beleive to be Invalid

Firstly the default notice states I have until a certail time to respond yet the transfer of the debt took place a week earlier. Also the minimum payment I have to make is incorrect.

Is this Invalid??

Please help

Shafters

Can you please upload the letters - DN, Notice of Assignment etc. so we can have a look. Don't forget to hide all personal details first.

For starters please look right through Pinky69's thread on Invalid DN's and other DN threads to get up to speed on things. It will take a few hours - but is well worth it.

BD

Sounds like it could be, are you able to scan it and attach it here for us to see?

Ensure you obscure any personal details but leave the dates on as they are the important bits.

If they have terminated (which they have if the debt has been sold) and the DN is faulty then that is unlawful rescission and you have to write to MBNA accepting this and also advise the DCA that you have done so.

At this point you should only be liable for the true arrears, without any charges.

What have you done up to this point, have you a copy of your agreement, how old is it?

Which DCA are you dealing with?

Lots of question, sorry but necessary. You will need to read the MBNA threads on here and it will give you an insight.

I am worried about the Solicitors reading this and then changing things before any trial.

I have the original assignment (FROM THE DCA and on DCA headed paper) instructing me that the debt was assigned on the 30th April 2008.

I did not receive a default notice from the original creditor but a copy from the DCA's solicitor.

It reads

In order to comply with this breach we much receive a payment of £xxxx by 6th May 2009, your current balance is also £xxxx

The payment of £xxxx is also incorrect and was not the minimum payment required when the account was sold.

It's difficult to give advice, blind so to speak!

If you look at other threads you will see lots of us scan and upload our letters and you usually find someone will come along and had had exactly the same and makes you realise you are not alone in your battle.

The OC should have sent out a DN and then a NOA so you probably have good grounds if they take you to court.

When you state you are being taken to court. Have you actually received a summons or are you just assuming this from their POSSIBLY idle threats?

Shafters

WE can't help without all the info.

1. The DCA CAN'T issue the NOA - only the OC can.

2. If you have originals then no one can change them - any ploy to do so will be fraud.

3. You need to trust us. The OC and DCA will already have everything you're showing us anyway.

4. Have a look at what we've managed to do for ourselves (and others) and let us help you too.

BD

Edited by Bigdebtor
typos

Thanks Guys,

I have been on this site for quite a while,

I am being taken to court

Submitted AQ (info ganed on here)

Submitted defence (again on info gained on here here)

Submitted standard disclosure

Had a good look round for docs recently as had to attend a pre-trial hearing and this info has only just come to light after closely examing the docs the other party submitted in preparation for the hearing.

I am with BD on this Shafters,

If you have been on here a while (yet only 15 posts) you will know that the idea of CAG is to share experiences with others and to help each other along with similar problems.

If you have got as far as you have without assistance from us, why ask questions now about a DN that may be invalid, when you clearly have access to that answer on the invalid default notices thread of Pinkys?

Sorry if I sound harsh, just that if you want questions answered, then you should be willing to put the information on here IMO.

BTW I am a softie really!! :D

Does it matter which DCA it is, are they not all the same?

I'll scan my copy of the CCA and post it up.

Of course it matters! Others can share their experiences of that particular DCA but if you are unwilling to say, then you may not get the correct/any help.