ZUZU vs Lloyds

zuzubing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently in a claim for my penalty charges to be refunded by Lloyds TSB and I have got as far as sending a letter to them requesting the amount I was claiming for and attaching a scedule of charges. I have since received two standard responses from Lloyds - firstly, that they had acknowledged my letter and were "looking into it" and then a few days later, a letter saying basically (in my own words) - "No can do - this is a service not a default therefore we're not covered by OFT, you knew our charges when you signed up so what are you complaining about".

So what now?? I was deflated - but on reading loads of helpful threads from the forum today, i shall stick with it! :)

Do I now send another letter (LBA?) stating that I am not satisfied with their response and are therefore taking the matter further?? and then start with the moneyclaim procedure?? Is there a letter template for such a thing in the library?? I couldn't see one :confused:

On reading the threads i also realised that in my initial letter I sent including the schedule of charges - I forgot to mention and say that I would be claiming interest. Is it too late to add the interest part of my claim on???

Hope this all makes sense and I hope someone can help

ZUZU

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be deflated :o where they say its a service charge this is called 'cloaking' it is well known in courts and I would love to see them prove their service charge argument in court LMAO.As we all know by now they won't walk into a court room to even try that argument.That is not saying that you shouldn't read up and prepare yourself as if it was going into court.

there is a LBA in the libary it's the consumer version and yes you should keep to the steps and your time limits you dictated.You do not claim interest until you submit your claim into court but yes you should send a schedule of charges with your next letter .

By some of your questions you don't appear to have read around can I just point you to this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/announcement-some-people-making-mistakes.html

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thanks mjanet!!

Yes it all seems a lot clearer now!! I had seen the LBA letter in the library but it confused me as it contained almost word for word paragraphs to the prelim letter, but I see now that it is different.

Thank you for your helpful advice, and I shall post my LBA off today!

ZUZU

great :D please keep us informed

• Confused 1

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Zuzubing,

Personally I would not worry too much about that, if they want to close your account in retaliation to your complaining, then you can report them to the FSA I think it is. Though they will have to give you 1 month’s notice of their intention in any event which should give you some time to complete the setup of the new account.

DJ Tazzz

The information I provide in replies on this site are drawn from this site and a few other external sources. I acknowledge all parties the information maybe drawn from and offer my advice and assistance freely without guarantee and risk of liability.

Thanks DJ Tazzz

Thanks for the advice - i didn't realise the banks were generous enough to give you notice!!!!

I wil post off the LBA today and keep everyone posted on my progress.....

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT IT IS MOST WELCOMED.

ZUZU

Just got back from the postie

14 days and counting..........

...mind you it will probably be only 2 before I get the next what seems to be automatic "no" letter!!

ZUZU

Quick update - no news yet............(just checked the royal mail site -my first classw recorded letter was received 2 days after I posted it!)

Should I count 14 days from the date Lloyds received the LBA letter or from the date I posted it??

ZUZU

To update....

I am still awaiting a response from my LBA letter, written and posted Mon 24th July. Therefore Lloyds have until Mon 7th August to reposnd (i take it weekends are counted as part of the 14 days????) Is this correct?

Has anyone else found that Lloyds normally wait a long time to send back the standard "there's nothing more we can do or say letter"?

I know the letter was delivered as I have tracked the recorded delivery code online.

Cheers Guys and Girls

ZUZU

Hi-ya again!

Ok - today I received the Lloyds standard response to my LBA - "...sorry you are not happy...there is nothing more we can add....here's the financial obudsman details..."

Right so money claim here I come!!!!! Shall I wait and sit out the remainder of the 14 days before I submit my claim (only 4 days remaining), or just go ahead with it now??

Thanks guys & gals

ZUZU

I would advise always keeping to the time limits you say

doubts.

Thanks mjanet - yes after extensive reading of other threads I had come to that conclusion too!

So tomorrow - I shall be money claiming!!

Watch out Lloyds here I come...........grrrr......

ZUZU

HELP HELP HELP!!!

Am filling in the moneyclaim form on line at the moment - and I can't find the calculation for working out the daily rate of interest, I know I have seen it written in various threads but I can't find out where :-|.

Can anyone help me???????? :?

ZUZU

Zuzu, I hope this helps

The statutory interest rate is 8%.

In order to get the daily rate, you need to divide 8% by 365 days... so 0.08/365=0.00022 (this is your daily rate).

Now you list your charges and calculate how many days it has been since you were charged.

Let's say you were charged £30 on 1 April 2004. So it has been 858 days since you were charged. (http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration, this web-site will do the duration calculation for you)

So the interest for this charges will be 30*0.00022*858= £5.66.

You have to do this for all your charges... Or use the spreadsheet on the site, it will do all the calculations for you.

Thanks kotum45

This is what I have written in my particulars of claim, can you just check this is correct?

I have a contract with Lloyds TSB Bank PLC, conducted on their standard terms and

conditions.I am claiming return of my money taken by the Defendant in the way of charges over the last 4 years totalling £650. The charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable, being contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts)Terms Act 1977 s.4 and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para8.and sch.2(1)(e).In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods And Services Act 1982 s.15. I have repeatedly asked the Bank to justify their charges but they have declined to do so. I claim interest of £52.09 under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 16/10/02 to 16/06/06. I therefore claim a total of £702.09(£650 + £52.09) plus interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement, or earlier payment, at a daily rate of £0.15.

I used the calculation on the FAQ section (0.00022 x total amount claiming = daily rate) to get the £0.15 per day.

Is this ok??????

Many thanks

ZUZU