MandM vs GE Money store card with B&Q- court claim arrives

MandM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife is looking at this one for her mother. I wonder if anyone could advise.

My mother in law took a store card with B&Q 4 or 5 years ago, maybe 6. Outstanding balance is under £500. Account is with GE Money.

Wrote to them back in Feb this year (24th) but had never missed a payment previously.Told them she could no longer afford to maintain the payments due to a change in circumstances and after completing a I&E she said she could only afford to give them £1.18 per month.

Received a 'payment overdue' letter dated 4th March and then they issued a DN dated 11th March 09. The DN gives "21 days from receipt of this notice" and the only amount shown is the one months payment missed (although she had paid a token amount of £1.18 which she has continued to pay ever since) she's 75 yrs old btw.

GE continued to add late payment charges and interest and last week she received a letter and statement from a company called CL Finance.

It states that they "are aware that you have agreed to make payments to us under a seperate concessionary payment arrangement" which we assume is the £1 per month.

Any ideas, never heard of CL Finance before but looks like they've stopped adding interest now.

My mother in law took a store card with B&Q 4 or 5 years ago, maybe 6. Outstanding balance is under £500. Account is with GE Money.

Wrote to them back in Feb this year (24th) but had never missed a payment previously.Told them she could no longer afford to maintain the payments due to a change in circumstances and after completing a I&E she said she could only afford to give them £1.18 per month.

Received a 'payment overdue' letter dated 4th March and then they issued a DN dated 11th March 09. The DN gives "21 days from receipt of this notice" and the only amount shown is the one months payment missed (although she had paid a token amount of £1.18 which she has continued to pay ever since) she's 75 yrs old btw.

GE continued to add late payment charges and interest and last week she received a letter and statement from a company called CL Finance.

It states that they "are aware that you have agreed to make payments to us under a seperate concessionary payment arrangement" which we assume is the £1 per month.

Any ideas, never heard of CL Finance before but looks like they've stopped adding interest now.

I can post up an image of the DN if it helps also

very polite bump ;)

Bump :)

Hi, CL finance is the debt collection arm of GE money.

They will still be adding interest & charges.

The next letter will be from Howard Cohen Solicitors + fees.

Resend your origonal letter to CL,Also insist the account is frozen, send it recorded . Do a CCA request, & a SAR to CL.

ty debbbbsy.

When you say the 'original letter' do you mean the IandE she sent in Feb?

Also reading your thread with interest to see how this relates!

thank you

MandM

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, CL finance is the debt collection arm of GE money.

They will still be adding interest & charges.

The next letter will be from Howard Cohen Solicitors + fees.

Resend your origonal letter to CL,Also insist the account is frozen, send it recorded . Do a CCA request, & a SAR to CL.

Sent the SAR a month ago nearly so time almost up.

Can anyone comment on whether it is right or not that she was issued a DN after only one months missed payment.

Thanks

Mrs M

Can anyone comment on whether it is right or not that she was issued a DN after only one months missed payment.

Thanks

Mrs M

Bump :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Mrs M

Now have the answer to this bit. CCA and SAR - no response and time almost up :D:D:D

Mrs M

• 2 months later...

Hi been a while since i updated this thread. Mainly because I put the account into dispute shortly after last thread when no CCA or SAR complied with. Have not heard a dicky since should we be worried.

Mrs M :confused:

Have received the SAR and copy of the agreement.Also got a log of what went on with the account. I was a bit surprised as it states in the log that the debt was sold to CL finance in June. Were they supposed to inform my mother that the debt had been sold and was the account supposed to be terminated first.

Mrs M

Well done for getting the information out of them. With the ball well and truly in your court now send the prelim and stick to your timeline. In my case they wanted extra time all over the show - DON'T PLAY THEIR GAME. With a bit of luck they won't even bother entering a defence which makes it easy. All the best :)

Have put the agreement up.

geagreement.jpg

To see if anyone can look and see if it is compliant. I have read the T&c and I can not see anywhere on them about the charges. They have charged varying amounts between £15 & £20 throughout the life of the card, should I be trying to claim these back?

Their cover letter with the SAR says they are enclosing a copy of the default notice, not the original. I cannot find a copy but, I have the original and am posting both these up.

The default notice was sent after 1 missed payment.

I was shocked to see that Santander were involved as I have never seen any correspondence from them until now.

gemoney.jpg

gedefault.jpg

They also mention in the logs that the debt was sold to CL finance, I thought they were just a DCA.

There has been no notice of assignment and no letter of termination.

Any comments appreciated.

Mrs M

That's a lot - £15 to £20 a pop. Remember the OFT said they would not investigate anything that was below £12 or were these sums before 2006. And yes claim the lot - just not the interest as it gets too complicated - the interest you charge when you file at court is meant as compensation - just don't add it in untill you file as they will realise you have made a mistake.

If you are interested see my thread about Time Retail - GE Money with a different name.