Bank And Credit charges in EEC Countrys

Rbphot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been wondering about the levels of charges in countrys such as Germany etc, I've hear that the charges are minimal in other EEC countrys for the sort of infractions we in the UK seem to be ripped off with.

Can anyone confrim this with examples of actual amounts incured for penalitys, The reason I ask is some UK credit card companies operate in EEC countries, and surely under EEC rules should not be able to charge vastly higher penalitys in one member state to an other.

If they do they can't claim the charges are fair, eg. A computer in Germany issues a charge and letter = 5 Euros, Computer in UK issues a charge and letter = £25-£40 depending on company.

Surely if this is the case a complaint to Brussels about unfair terms and contracts, I'm sure somewhere in EEC contract there has to be some protection for customers.

Maybe someone in the know might see a way.

My Cases

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/14777-rbphot-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=rbphot

My useful posts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/26095-bank-credit-charges-eec.html?highlight=rbphot

;) The Masses Will Always Prevail

Rbphot

Lloyds TSB, (£2.5k) Data Protection Act-150606, Prelim letter-050706, 2nd LBA-140706, Money Claim submitted 010806(6QZ51069), Claim Agknowledged 040806:D , AQ submited today-070906

Lloyds TSB Amex, (£60) Data Protection Act-150606, 1st LBA-110706, 2nd LBA - 040806, SETTLED 50% of amount.:D

Citi Cards, (£995) Data Protection Act-110706, Prelim letter-210806, LBA - 040906

Very good point, i wish i knew the answer,i will be watching this with great interest, and so should the banks/solicitors/judges/and everyone on this forum. thanx for bringing this up!!!!;)

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

Hi, After having a search through CitiCards (as this is one of the companies I'm currently engaged with for refunds) German website I uncovered the following information, I had a german co-worker verify the information, and I have done a quick translation to english to make it easier for everyone.

As I suspected the charges are tiny in comparision to the UK, true they pay for lost cards and other thing like new PIN etc, but this is better than the ripoff we have now.

From their condition/rates PDF

Replacement of Card due to damage or Loss by customer = 10,-EUR

Fast Card - Replacent card within 24 hr = 50,– EUR

(48 hr outside Germany)

Request for a new personal (PIN) = 1 5,– EUR

Additional manual monthly account statement on customer's request = 5,50 EUR

Cost for Customer at fault going overlimit = 4,– EUR

Request of reciepts of transactions(is void with justified complaints) = 5,50 EUR pro sheet

Costs of action for Payments in arrears

1. Service letter = 3,– EUR

2. Service letter = 3,– EUR

3. Service letter = 3,– EUR

plus postage = 0,90 EUR

Non payment/Late payment of Monthly Invoice amount = 10,- EUR

Link to origional PDF

As you can see the charges for letters are 3,-EURO + PP(£1.50) not £25 or more, and infractions like going over limit are 10,-EURO(£5) not £12-£40.

This just show the extent of their greed for profit and how unprotected by the Law/Government in this country we are

Cash Cow Britain. - We are ripped off at every turn....:-o

• Confused 1

My Cases

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/14777-rbphot-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=rbphot

My useful posts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/26095-bank-credit-charges-eec.html?highlight=rbphot

;) The Masses Will Always Prevail

Rbphot

Lloyds TSB, (£2.5k) Data Protection Act-150606, Prelim letter-050706, 2nd LBA-140706, Money Claim submitted 010806(6QZ51069), Claim Agknowledged 040806:D , AQ submited today-070906

Lloyds TSB Amex, (£60) Data Protection Act-150606, 1st LBA-110706, 2nd LBA - 040806, SETTLED 50% of amount.:D

Citi Cards, (£995) Data Protection Act-110706, Prelim letter-210806, LBA - 040906

Hi Rbphot.

I have a friend who lives in Austria who i've spoken to about all this. She says the charges over there are no where near the same as ours. I'll ask her to send me some actual leaflets/documents from her bank if you like. I'll also get her to translate the most relivent details.

I'm not sure which banks she is with but it would be good to get an idea of what the charges are like in the rest of europe.

NatWest:

**£466.28 Settled In Full 21/08/06**

Halifax:

**Full settlement of £107.52 offerd and accepted 25/10/06**

GE Money:

**£48 settled In Full 19/09/06**

Barclays Bank:

**Full settlement of £90 offered and accepted on 24/10/06**

Alliance & Leicester:

**£170 Refunded In Full 17/09/07 (Charges due to bank error but still had to fight them for almost 3 weeks to get back)**

"Thin-de le'hasuan 'aloun'myin-del bpi-de gka-de hasou-de paya"

"Learn the gifts of all sights, or finish in the dance of the fallen gods."