• Tweets

• China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
    • hahah except I can't locate the courier to frighten them with it hahaha   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

When will these PPL give up?????????

The GodMother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5944 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

Just a bit of a moan really.

Moved into this house in August 2005. When we viewed the property we were told that the previous ocupants had done a moon light flip by the council.

Now we are still recieving mail for all the previous occupats of the property nearly 3 years on even tho we are sending it back saying not known at this address and have asked royal mail NOT to deliver the previous occupants mail to this address.

This morning yet another letter came threw the post. The envelope was not stuck down and as a result of this you could see who it was from.

I know l should not be reading other ppls mail but l could not help it as the envelope was not stuck down and the letter had been put in the wrong way round. all you could see was a white piece of paper.

Well needing to know who the letter was for l had a look and low and behold the letter was for one of the previous tennants.

I have complained to my local sorting office and they appologised and said the note had been removed from the station where they sort the mail for the street l live on, yeah rite sound like a lie to me, and when i asked how come the mail was open he said to me l hope you are not accussing my staff of opening the mail. Well l understand that he would not like the fact that l was questioning him about it being open but there was no nee to be nasty about it. It could have been a error with the fact that it was raining or as the machines do get hot that it could have been opened cause of that.

Ok l did explain this and he said sorry and he would investigate.

The letter is from 1st credit and they have stated that unless the full balance is paid within 14 days they will be getting a court order and obtaining entry to the property and removing goods.

What do l do.

I know i should not have been nosey but when the big letters said court order to obtain entry and remove goods l panicked. The police have been useless saying thy cant do anything till they have broken in and that they advise l write to or ring the company advising that he does not live here.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Eww what a nightmare :(

Is it possible to pop it back in the envelope without making it look too tampered with? If it is I would return it to sender after writing clearly on the outside of the envelope the usual "not known at this address" etc. Failing that (if it were me) I would make a call to my local court and actually find out how far they can go. I would also have no hesitation in contacting the company directly and explaining the situation to them. Surely they would need proof that the debtor actually resides at the address before going so far as to break in?!

I really hope someone more knowledgeable than me has replied to you already and good luck :)

Personally, I would write to them and tell them they no longer live there and left on (date) and suggest they contact your local housing office and give them the address. Any further mail that arrives make sure you return to sender GONE AWAY. You can sign is any name that they cannot read.

the housing office are aware of this as they recieved a leeter from first credit asking if the previous occupatant still lives there.

They refused to give them the information under the DPA, this is what they told me any way.

It is not possible to make it look untampered with.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

rite i have decided to email 1st credit as they have provided a email address on the letter.

Heres what i have thought of putting.

Dear Sir or Madam.

I am emailing you as you have sent a letter to the property that l rent from the local council to the previous tenant.

I would like to assure you that this letter arrived to me open and with no details of the intended recipiant showing threw the window.

I am writing as dispite sending back all previous mail to the sender since i moved into this property in August 2005 and asking the Post office/Royal mail to only deliver mail addressed to the current occupants l notice you have ignored this request.

I have previously returned mail to you as l made a note of the return address and over the past year i have recieved 3 mailings from you including the one that came today.

Please would you stop sending mail addressed to XXXXX with account number XXXXXX to this address.

Unless to stop sending mail to this address within 14 days of recipt of this email then l may be forced to take legal advise and take any action that l am advised to take.

Yours faithfully.

Any thoughts please let me no.

Chrissi

Chrissi,

Firstly i would remove the name and account number from the letter. that is really a NO NO

right then,

Speak to trading standards

they may not be so helpful in CCA matters but here i would say they should be able to help

they cannot enter your home without a warrant, to get a warrant they would need to go through the courts procedures to the end, and obtain judgment

to be honest its not going to happen

send a hard copy of the letter by post and i would include in the letter a request for their complaints proceedure as well and utilise the procedure and make a complaint

they have to afford you this info under the CCA 2006

the council claim they cant do anything as they dont know where they are.

The council said they done a moonlight flip at the begin of june 2005 but the neighbours are saying different.

What can the council do to help if they dont know where they are?

Chrissi

rite have removed the details sorry forgot to check that.

thanks for your advise both of you.

I will contact them in the morning and see what they say. Hopefully they wont stick there head in the sand.

Chrissi