• Tweets

• is the side street solely for access to your garages? who owns the land and thus the road? dx  
    • A local business has been parking on an off-street parking space in front of my garages (in a side street).  I wasn't using them for a while so didnt bother to do anything.  But now a second local business is also using the osp - taking it in turns with the 1st biz.  This has started to nark me.    The employees choose to drive to work.  There is no private parking in their business's street.  But there are some underground secure garages in their street - which cost apx £2.4k/y to rent - which works out apx £6.60/d. (I believe one of the biz owners already rent one for storage purposes).  If the employee had to park on a meter it would cost them £6.60/h - £66 for 10h and have to move every 4h.  They just don't want to pay for parking. I haven't confronted either of them.  Instead I just put 2 clear "no parking" signs in front of the garages. And a note on one of the cars specifically saying that as they don't live or rent in the street and it's private land could they stop parking.   They ignored that.  And just put notes on their dash with a # to call if one needs the car moved.  There is a sign and they've been told in writing to stop parking. And they are just ignoring it.    I don't what a confrontation.    I don't want to go to the expense of bollards (other than maybe traffic plastic ones - but they'll probs just move them).  Council won't do zilch cos it's private land. And police won't get involved - unless I clamp/ tow the cars and then they'd be after me, not the drivers!    What's the best thing to do?
    • yes might be the best idea. you'd only at best get 8% flat interest and that unusual on a GOGW if this was what it was. simply contact the FOS and let them know its resolved. dx  
    • If you’ve ever wondered how you might fare in armed combat, the first 20 minutes of Steven Spielberg’s Saving Private Ryan is likely to make you thank your lucky stars you were born too late to storm the Normandy beaches on June 6 1944. I suspect many of us might be driven to identify with those men who were absolutely turned to stone by fear. And yet these young men, mainly conscripts, screwed their courage to the sticking point and did the job the fate had chosen for them, heroes all.   .. UK PM Sunak perhaps thinks he understands mind numbing fear better than many as he dishonorably fled the beachhead to do nothing more than double down on dishonest spin and lies from the safety of a UK studio .. The Normandy heroes who not only held their positions, but advanced through hell to a victory that changed the entire course of history .. undoubtedly hold a different perspective.     from a perspective in TheConversation     .. 'That was the slot that sunaks team offered for the interview
    • Yes, send a message to the purchaser but keep it very friendly and simply that you noticed that the package has now been delivered.  I suggest that you ask them if they want to keep the package still or if they would rather return it and that if they want to keep it then please will they return your payment to you to your PayPal address. Keep it as polite and friendly as possible and then we will decide what to do if he doesn't reply or refuses.  Meanwhile I will have a look at Google earth and see if you are able to spot the gas meter outside the house to get an idea if the delivery is real. Get a screenshot
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lexis200 V Co-OP (CCA)

lexis200
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I requested my agreement sometime in August, and eventually received this yesterday.

I think it's unenforceable, but always like a second (and third!) opinion before wading in:D I don't know if the white bits had info written in them which they have for some reason removed, or if it literally just has a typed address and my sig.

It is as fuzzy as it looks on the scan - I can't make out the small print at the top of the page.

Thanks for looking:)

co_op1.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

co_op3.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

co_op2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, I cant see anything that resembles prescribed terms. It is however, an extremely poor copy.

If you were to increase the size of the print on a photocopier.. do you think you would be able to read it then?. Although, having said that you shouldnt need to do so.. you are supposed to be able to read what you are going to sign.

I would send them a letter asking them for a better copy :D

I was about to link you to another co-op thread.. only to discover you had been there before me:grin::cool:

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yep, just trying to find out how it might pan out:D

I've done the letter and it's going tomorrow, so they'll probably realise the error of their ways and zero the balance by Tuesday:lol:

Thanks again for your opinion CB - I'm not sure what I'd do if you weren't around to point me in the right direction:D:D

Yep, just trying to find out how it might pan out:D

I've done the letter and it's going tomorrow, so they'll probably realise the error of their ways and zero the balance by Tuesday:lol:

Thanks again for your opinion CB - I'm not sure what I'd do if you weren't around to point me in the right direction:D:D

And another flying pig passes the window >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:D:D

:oops: thank you for your kind comments.. there are lots of CAGers who would have helped out I am sure. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well it's not gone quite as I anticipated - the balance hasn't been written off just yet:)... they received the letter about the cca, and a separate one regarding not responding to a query, giving me the wrong info on the phone, and telling them to write only on the 17th.

So far since the 13th I've had 13 calls, but only over 3 days (two of which were today and the 17th, the other before my letter would have arrived). No one ever wants to talk to me this much:rolleyes:

I'll give it a couple more days to see if it calms down (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for a minute as my letter may not have been put on my notes yet). If it continues I'll send another harassment letter, and if I'm feeling up to it I might just answer a call and tell them - ever so politely of course - to stick it.

Crikey lexis, that is a lot of activity.. especially as you only wrote to them on the 14th !!

I would get the telephone harassment letter out immediately, send it with the free proof of posting only. If you can afford it, send one every day for a week.. see how they like being harassed :D

BCOBS

• 2 months later...

OK, trying to get on top of things a bit, and I realised I've had diddly squat from this bunch of bankers. Seriously, they are owed the least by some considerable margin, insisted on the most payment (relatively speaking) and have been the most ignorant of the bunch. Even MBNA have the nonce to send out a template letter or two in response to complaints and queries!

Anyway, realised I'm still paying them despite the fact they haven't turned up a legible agreement with pt's, haven't responded to a complaint from OCTOBER, and haven't responded to why they kept telling me the account was in arrears when it was paid at the same time each month:mad:

So, letter going off by Monday informing them that they are well out of time, that payments will stop due to lack of enforceable agreement, that they have not even attempted to address my concerns regarding the agreement, and my complaint about their appalling customer service, and anything else I can think of!!! (CB, be warned, I may need you to tone it down afterwards for me:D)

The really annoying thing is that I did a spend v payment etc spreadsheet, and it's turned up that - assuming they can find an enforceable agreement - I still 'owe' them about £500 on this (it's only at around £800!), even taking interest and the meagre few charges I've incurred. Typical isn't it:rolleyes:.

I like your style, Lexis.

This company have ticked me off big time as well.

A CCA letter was sent to them in February of last year. About 4 weeks after they received the request, they defaulted OH then terminated him, passing the account back and forth between several DCAs. One of those, Equidebt, really felt the weight of my tongue and fortunately had the sense to pass it back along with my comments to the Co-op. This was in August last year.

I then received a weasly letter from the Co-op saying they were investigating my complaint and could see no good reason not to supply the agreement. Well neither could I, actually.. however, for good measure I SAR'd them. Because other things got in the way, I didnt send the non compliance letter (yep.. they didnt send anything within the 40 days) until end of October. Another weasly letter which said the information had been sent out 7th October (well where is it then ?) and they would get on to it. I received a package on 12th December, nice padded envelope which was UNSEALED, in fact there was absolutely no tack on the envelope so it was unlikely it was sealed when it left the Co-op. There were just a few pieces of paper inside and no covering letter suggesting that contents were missing/removed.

I was straight on to ICO who told me to lodge a formal complaint, enclose the envelope and they would get on to it.

I copied the complaint to the Co-op. I received a further package at the beginning of January. This time they had used enough sellotape to hogtie a hippo to seal the envelope !! All this contained was a few screen prints and a covering letter telling me that they didnt have to provide copy statements. The agreement, needless to say, is not compliant.. sigh.. !!

Paul (pt2537) confirmed that as correct on my thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/175351-co-op-subject-access.html

BCOBS

• 2 months later...

Have the phone calls stopped, Lexis ?

BCOBS

Yes, but only I suspect because I'm still paying!

I thought I'd stopped a while ago, but I checked my s/o's a few days ago and the payment plan is still there:rolleyes: Anyway, after the SAR arrived, it reminded me about co-op (who, tbh, I had been pretty much ignoring as they are the smallest balance), so I'm fairly sure they'll be starting again with a vengeance soon enough:)

I would post up the agreeement that came with it, but it's exactly the same as the front page in post 1; the only difference being they haven't scanned a back to this one!

Not sure if that means anything or not, but I'm pretty certain they have nothing more so I'm just going to write and tell them to foxtrot oscar. Then write again explaining my first letter as they won't have understood it. Then continue to bang my head against a brick wall for a few months.

Actually I think with this lot I just can't be bothered, so I'll stick to an initial letter and a follow up to say I'm not corresponding further when they start getting hissy.

Does that sound ok do you think?

If they arent hassling you, then I think I would concentrate on those who are. It is so bliddy frustrating though isnt it:(

BCOBS

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a lovely chat with a lady from Co-Op.

She was just phoning as the plan I'm on has expired, and am I in a position to up the payment?:)

I just said no, and there was a good 10 seconds of silence while she was obviously waiting for my bumbling explanation of what I would do to fix this, but unfortunately I was in the middle of doing the kids lunches so what she actually got was the sound of me cutting cucumber up to an otherwise deathly silence:D

She's sending a letter for me to sign to say the situation is the same:rolleyes:

I did ask if she had my notes up (yes), and could she see I'd asked for a copy of my agreement (yes). Apparently customer services have already done this for me. Obviously I had to mention that actually no, they hadn't, they'd sent an application form. She said - twice - that that was the agreement. I said no it's not, it's got no terms on it, and could she please get a note to them to send the agreement, not the application?

I also mentioned that Valerie whatshername has been sent letters regarding this, pointing out the problems with the application and that it was not compliant with my request, and was it normal not to have the courtesy of a response save for template letters telling me I'm not sticking to the payment plan (I had been btw)? She said she didn't know:rolleyes:

Anyway, I was just amused by the categoric statement that the application form with no terms on it was the agreement:)

Oh, and for a change she was a very pleasant lady. Normally Co-op are prize gits on the phone.

Lexis:)

From experience, it is Co-op company policy to ignore letters until such times as one starts telling the DCAs that there is a problem :D

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

After another chat with some twit at Co-op, which I won't bore you with, I've had a bit of a check through my stuff.

I've found this letter

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s328/lizzybug78/cooptermination.jpg

stating the account has been terminated, but I don't seem to have a DN anywhere...very strange as I've always been a worrier about this sort of thing, and I tend to keep everything like that.

I then checked through the toot they sent by way of an SAR (which handily includes a page of someone elses statement, with name, address balance etc on it), and have found that they have not sent me a copy of the letter I have, or a DN, and the log they've sent does not have any info over a whole year, starting right at the time this would have been sent, and that I was setting up the payment plan. Coincidence?

I'm going to go through the SAR properly, get a letter done asking for the remaining items (including a DN), and then hopefully tell them to sod off. I haven't been bothered with them at all for a while, but as I've said, they're the smallest account but the biggest bankers of the lot, so it's irking me now.

Hiya Lexis,

Keep at them do not give in, I too have had many problems with them still am in fact.

They never ever respond to letters and in my case deny having received letters so i sent a big envelope via SD costing me money again just to prove I have.

They even did not acknowledge my claim was with the FOS for a period of 8 weeks.

They maybe a small bank in comparison to the major players but they are definitely one of the worst

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Crikey, Lexis. I wonder what the fallout from that one will be.

Surely they MUST send the Default notice first before terminating. This would be unlawful termination of the account !

PF, they must surely not receive a lot of letters. I must have sent them 30 letters, all recorded or SD with all of the mail signed for. Yet they still claimed NOT to have received CCA and SAR requests. It was only when I photocopied all the track n trace receipts did I actually prod them into sending me stuff.

BCOBS

The thing is, why should we have to do this stuff - and spend money on telling them that yes, they have received x letters - but yet not have any back-up from the bodies who are supposed to help?

This is blatant lying by them, coupled with a massive arrogance that allows them to assume they do not need to respond to their customers. If it was the other way around we'd be in court faster than you can say unenforceable!

Well, hopefully I'll be able to show that there was no DN, but even if I can't they've got nothing in the way of an agreement. I'd like to have a double whammy, but I'll make do if I have to:rolleyes:

Thanks for the moral support though everyone:)

Lexis,

Its a pleasure when it comes to the Co-op at the moment im their biggest enemy :mad: as citizenb knows.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Lexis,

Its a pleasure when it comes to the Co-op at the moment im their biggest enemy :mad: as citizenb knows.

Regards

PF

Oh yes:D

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Had a conversation with co-op collections a couple of days ago.

I didn't handle it terribly well (not feeling A1 that day, so really should have just refused security). I did at least say co-op had categorically been the worst creditor I had dealt with since having payment issues, and I was absolutely disgusted by the service they'd given me.

Essentially she wanted to know if I'd completed the I/E form they'd sent for the payment plan. I said no, and wouldn't be until I had the courtesy of a response from Valerie whatshername. I was told that she was not in the department I needed and couldn't help with what I was asking (amusing seeing as I hadn't explained it at this point).

I did get rather ratty then and told her that all I could do was reply to the people who sent letters to me. If they were incorrect, did she not think that as the most basic of courtesies, Valerie should have written back to say she couldn't help but x could, rather than ignoring every single letter I had sent? Silence.

I then told her I was still waiting for a copy of my signed agreement.

Her - it says you've been sent it

Me - no, I've had a signed application with no terms. That is an unenforceable agreement. I want a copy of my signed agreement, complete with the terms required to get payment from me'

H - so you want us to prove you owe us the money you've spent?

M- yes

Anyway, didn't go any further with that as her last sentence showed the stance she was going to take on this:rolleyes: Fair enough really; if I was only hearing these annoying adverts and the biased telly stuff about CCA'a and all the debt avoiders, I'd think the same. Still annoying though.

She continued pressing about the I/E form, and I continued avoiding, but to her credit she did go off and talk to her manager for a while and has said they will be sending out the agreement. I told her if they were going to send out the same thing they'd already sent twice that they needn't bother - I only wanted the agreement with terms.

This should at least clear that bit up - if they don't send anything they most definitely don't have it. If they do they've been a bit naughty with the stuff they've sent for the CCA and SAR...

I've been very lax on all creditors for a while now (they've all been quite quiet!), but once half term's over I really need to get a load of letters out. In with that will be one to the co-op telling them the payments I've carried on making as a gesture of goodwill (seeing as they've not sent an enforceable agreement) will be ceasing, and listing the oddities within the SAR. Such as no DN, no termination letter and someone else's statement etc.

Go get em, Lexis.:D

BCOBS

Wow, you're particularly omnipotent today CB:D You seem to have replied to every post I've done almost instantly:D

I think it is you following me in reverse :p

BCOBS