AOHELL is this illegal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have just asked AOL for a MAC key to migrate to o2 but they are refusing saying we have to pay 5 months of subscription of a contract which we had no knowlege of! We did not agree to any new contract as we have been with them since 2004, have not upgrade/downgraded packages etc. They changed the prices and reduced our monthly charge in accordance to their pricing but did not make us aware that they had put us on any new contract!

They refuse to let me talk to a manager or put you on hold and hang up on you, you cannot talk to anyone when you call for at least 20 mins which is a farce. I told them I will be reporting them to ofcom and traiding standards because we did not and would not agree to any new contract because we are not thick enough to want to be in contract with carphone warehouse!

Is what they have done illegal because we were not told or made aware nor aggreed to any new contract period?

p.s.anyone thinking of taking up a new contract because they dont support modems they gave out because they are doing this migration needs their heads read, id suggest going elsewhere. I would NOT recoomend them to anyone! Not even getting 1Mb of a 2Mb connection speed, disconnections every 10 mins or so etc.

Hi midnight,

Sorry, I've just noticed that you haven't had a reply to your query yet. This isn't my area of expertise at all............ but hopefully, somebody with some knowledge in this area will be along soon to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi

I had the same problem with them when I wanted to change providers, They wanted me to pay 3 months to end contract I had been with them for 3yrs and never upgraded any contract with them, cut a long story short On the advice of Consumer Direct,

I sent them a recorded letter ending the contract and gave them 7days to reply, or else Consumer Direct would contact them, low and behold they ended the contract and the MAC no I needed was sent to me.

Consumer Direct were very good and gave me all the advice I needed

Hope that helps it just gets frustrating trying to deal with someone that wont talk to you

• Haha 1

Thanks for the replies. I have perseviered as im not one to back down when I know im in the right! I eventually got through to an Irish lady instead of the usual akward foreingers who lie they are talking to supervisors(silly bint forgot to mute her mic so I couldnt hear the silence), anyways the Irish lady listened to me, read the notes then generated a MAC code which we will recieve in the next 5 days to the main screenname and has left a note on the account that we are NOT to be charged for the unspent time left on this contract due to the circumstances.

She said we apparently agreed to the new contract online via clicking accept on the aol software.....WE HAVENT USED IT IN 3 YEARS!(nor has it been installed since being reformatted off after initial setup) I told her it was impossible and why so even she was a bit miffed and agreed something wasnt right.

Anyways We dont care as soon as we have the MAC and the migration is done to o2 the bank will be instructed to cancel the AOL DD and flag the account incase they try their usual tacticts ive heard others experience! We will soon be enjoying free support even from our o2 mobiles to UK based call centres and operators who are curteous, trip over themselves to be helpful and know what they are talking about!

Im still sending a recorded delivery complaint though outlining the agreement that the Irish lady gave us and this time ive got times of calls everything! I was technically with them since 1999 back on dial up at a previous address but like I said until you have a problem or want to move thats when AO-HELL show their true colours!

• 2 weeks later...
Taken over in the UK by Caphone warehouse AKA Talk Talk

Need I say more????

lol I knew that and threw it in their faces saying how much crappier the service had got since!:p Didnt like that much lol. I took great pleasure in cancelling the account this morning when the migration was done and bragging at the 7Mb+ speed we were now getting with o2 in comparison with their measly crappy 2Mb, oh and ive made them refund the month ahead the cheeky gits took yesterday along with a warning if it doesnt appear in the account monday I will be getting the bank to snatch it back anyways!

Good riddance to AO-Hell!

i got out from AOl a few years back because they changed the terms of the contract, they didnt like it but its their own fault lol.

Just a word of warning do a full reformat of your pc otherwise AOHELLS software will be there for years to come (Including the spyware!!!)

i got out from AOl a few years back because they changed the terms of the contract, they didnt like it but its their own fault lol.

Just a word of warning do a full reformat of your pc otherwise AOHELLS software will be there for years to come (Including the spyware!!!)

lol we aint daft, it was put on my pc initially to sign up back in 2004 to sort email addys and passwords then my pc was reformatted to get rid of the crap:p

We never used the software and used our own router.