Frasercard / GE Money and Viking

crystalcag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a debt with Frasercard which I wasn't able to pay for about 3 months. I received standard letters from GE money asking for payments, spoke to them on the phone and temporarily arranged lower payments. (i never got round to making any payments as finances got really bad. I spoke to CCCS who were really helpful. I didn't have any spare money so I was not able to offer any of my creditors a token payment but wrote to them all (6 in total) enclosing statement of affairs info and asking for 6 months suspension of the debt and freezing of interest.

This morning I received a phone call from Viking. They started off by asking for my details so I told them I didn't want to talk to them as they could be anyone. However in the post I received a letter from them saying despite previous correspondence I hadn't responded and therefore had to pay the whole debt within 7 days. Seems a bit of a coincidence that I should have a phone call AND a letter all on the same day and it's the first I've heard of them. This evening I received a call (at 8pm) from GE Money - I cleared their "security screening" they asked me to wait and then I found myself transferred to Viking. I'm sure this can't be a legal and above board way to deal with people. I explained to the man that I'd written to GE money and he told me I had to ring Viking FSA on Monday to explain the situation re CCCS.

Can anyone clarify what they can and can't do and what I should do? I'm not sure if I should get involved with Viking at all - or if I should send all correspondence to GE MOney.

Thanks

Candy

Thanks Zazen, I had a look at your thread. Ha! looks like Viking are thrashing around a bit. I'm going to sort out sending a CCA request letter tomorrow. I'm definitely not going to phone. The letter I received from them is identical to one you received in your post #14. The only thing worrying me is - what if they do send me a tru copy of a CCA?

I'm going to embark on a marathon thread-scour to research CCAs but really appreciate any advice.

Thanks