How long to receive settlement cheque?

screeny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I accepted a settlement with Natwest way back in June and popped into my local branch 3 or 4 weeks later to chase up the payment. Natwest have used part of the payment to clear the overdraft on the account which has subsequently been closed leaving a deficit which (I was reliably informed) would be paid directly to me in the form of a cheque. We are now in September and (surprise surprise) still no cheque. My question is this: is this normal? If so, how long can I expect to be kept waiting and is there a direct number I can contact to hurry them along? I've tried the dedicated bank charges number listed in the stickys but I'm not supremely confident that the telephone jockey on the other end had a clue what he was doing. Any suggestions?

Hi screeny,

This isn't unheard with where Nat West are concerned to be honest, particularly if your account had been passed onto the CMU or a DCA at some point.

If your account was passed onto CMU, I'd advise you to contact them and ask about the outstanding balance that they still owe you.

Failing that, contact Customer Relations Unit at Borehamwood on 0845 3030 456. They'll more than likely pass you onto another department, but at least they should be able to check what's happened to the outstanding balance.

Best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks for the response :)

At the risk of sounding like a complete ignoramus, what exactly is the CMU?(customer management unit?) - I can't seem to find a telephone number for them in the sticky section:???:

Thanks again for your help.

Don't worry - if you haven't got any contact details for the CMU, your account wasn't passed onto them!

In which case, contact the Borehamwood number on Monday morning to find out what's happened to the rest of your money. They're definitely taking the mickey by keeping you waiting so long............ doesn't take that long to raise a cheque. :mad:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.