Claim rasied at Sheriff Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I did have a thread on the main section of this forum although thought it more relevant to post my case here as my case is in Scotland.

Anyways, I have a total claim pending for £1027 across 2 accounts with the Halifax although made a claim for 1 account today for £405 and will submit my second claim once this has been dealt with.

It can be a bit of a puzzle when completing the forms and all, but once you get your head around it all it's not too bad at all, and if in doubt at all ASK at the Sheriff Court for advice as these guys are only too happy to assist as they would rather you got it right first time than them having to return your papers and have you correct anything!. Obviously, they cannot comment on your case in particular, but can offer assistance on the correct way to complete the forms - basically I took my completed form to them and asked if they could have a quick look and advise of any discrepancies to which I found the sum I was claiming SHOULDN'T include the actual amount of the interest but instead should only be the amount of CHARGES claimed with the usual line after it saying "with interest on that sum at the rate 8% annually from the date of service for each charge".

Anyways, will keep everyone informed of the progress of my claim!!!.

Cheers

Marko

I agree, the court clerk in Edinburgh was very helpful. They did say to remove the words:

'from the date of service'

from my claim. The lady said they had taken advice about this because of the number of claims (identical) they have seen.

---------------------------------------------------

Halifax - Email sent for Data Protection Act - 25/04/06

Bank Statments arrived from CR - 27/04/06

Request for repayment sent rec delivery - 03/05/06

Offer of £750 from the Halifax - declined 15/05/06

Letter from the Halifax saying they will not pay more - 16/06/06

First Claim filed with the Small Claims Court 22/06/06

Owed: £2520

I agree, the court clerk in Edinburgh was very helpful. They did say to remove the words:

'from the date of service'

from my claim. The lady said they had taken advice about this because of the number of claims (identical) they have seen.

Did she explain why?

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

The lady never said why but I think court would award 8% of the claim in interest if the case got that far and not 8% from the date of service of the charge. This just my guess though.

---------------------------------------------------

Halifax - Email sent for Data Protection Act - 25/04/06

Bank Statments arrived from CR - 27/04/06

Request for repayment sent rec delivery - 03/05/06

Offer of £750 from the Halifax - declined 15/05/06

Letter from the Halifax saying they will not pay more - 16/06/06

First Claim filed with the Small Claims Court 22/06/06

Owed: £2520