Amanda Taylor v Halifax CC ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im a fresh one to all this so bare with me, I sent off my letter to the halifax last week as my charges total'd to £4333,i already had my bank statements for the past six years. Not yet had a reply from the HX however I got a statement for my Sainsburys visa on monday & they had refunded £125 of charges back onto my account.Quite suprised really since I have not written about my Credit card charges yet.:o

I got a statement for my Halifax c-c on sat & guess what, they are still charging me the fee's for late payment & over limit,Sainsburys is part of their group but they refunded fees?do they know what they are doing?also ive just been looking at my Halifax account & whilst my account was being transferred over to Lloyds they have left me a leaving pressie £558 of bank charges aren't they kind!!!!!:confused:

I have recieved a response from the Halifax apologising to me that i am unhappy with the charges which goes on to say the OFT have confirmed that c/card charges over £12 are unfair.enclosing a copy of a complaints leaflet.Now what do i do? I know i'll have to write again but Im unsure what to put.Do i need to be calling them aswell?Can anybody help me please?icon5.gif

I am also concerned that if Im lucky enough to get back my charges that they will credit the account that i no longer use which they have overdrawn me on with more charges & then take it straight back for repayment of my credit card & still leave me in the red.its has already effected my credit rating badly.:(

Send the letter before action giving them 14 days to pay before court action. If it is paid into the account that is overdrawn with charges wouldn't that solve the problem?

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

Hello , Took your advise & sent off my letter today, Aslo thought Id ask them to reverse the most recent charges applied to my account.seing as i no longer use the account & the charges were applied whilst transferring banks.

We'll see how it goes.;)

I sent of my letter before action last Friday for charges on my bank account,I also have a Sainsburys Visa & a Halifax visa which i have fallen behind on payments with, I did speak to Payplan as advised by the retails collections department & made an offer of a weekly payment.They still charged me a late payment fee & over limit fee totalling £50 for each account.Would it be wise for me to try & claim these charges back from them as well as the charges on my bank account,i feel as greedy as them if i do. But hey it would bring both my accounts back under there limit which i could then clear them if i get a full refund of my bank charges.

Any Suggestions?

Sent off my letter on 30th june giving 14 days to refund, my charges are £4333 + £543.30 which they overdrew my account by in charges as i was transferring my account to another bank. I have recieved a letter today offering a payment of £480 as a good will gesture as full & final settlement. Do i wait 14 working days? should i file my claim with money claim? I will accept offer as part payment towards full balance.Any advise guys & dolls.:confused:

Always put your corrospondence in writing , make sure you tell them you will accept it as a partial payment but will be pursuing them for the rest also that you reject all conditions attatched to the offer.

Biggest tip / piece of advice is keep reading around :)

I have merged 4 of your threads can you please keep all your updates to this claim in this thread , thanks .

• Confused 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Help & advise needed.sent back my reply to halifax accepting their offer of £480 as a partial payment.have recieved a letter back stating that this offer was made as a good will gesture as full & final settlement. & that any further charges would not be refunded.I am just about to file my claim with moneyclaim but need some advise on this The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from {date when the money became owed to you} to {the date you are issuing the claim} of £ {put the amount} and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of {enter the daily rate of interest}.

would this be the spreadsheet that i need to do?

Yes. Look here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date of 1st charge) to (Date of filing claim) of (£0.00 =8% spreadsheet calculation) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00p = Amount claimed (charges)x 0.00022).

Just a quick question. I work above the County Court which is very handy i have popped in today & will be taking my N1 in tomorrow.will i need to provide bank statemants at this stage.The lady behind the counter said that i need 3 copy's of everything i presume she Meant letters? to & from the bank am i on the right track icon5.gif

Thanks;) . I am also sending an S10 as the HX are persuing a default for the charges left on my account which have caused me to be overdrawn.

I also noticed that Sainsburys have stopped putting the overlimit fees onto my account but the Halifax classic still charging ? they are the same bank ????? has anyone else had anything like this?

I won -I won,got my letter from the HX saying they intend to defend - however they credited my account with £4491 + £531.75 in interest.I went straight down & took it out by cheque & put it into Lloyds, I didn't want them to take it back...

Now for the credit cards.Although i noticed on my statemant that they have reduced their charges from £25 to £12.I hope that this doesn't meen they will not refund in full. Because that would reduce my credit by a mountain of cash.

Congratulations.

Please fill in bank survey, PM a Mod with Litgation Concluded details....and maybe a donation.

Well done, enjoy the dosh!

Now for the credit cards.Although i noticed on my statemant that they have reduced their charges from £25 to £12.I hope that this doesn't meen they will not refund in full. Because that would reduce my credit by a mountain of cash.

Doesn't matter if they reduced them to zero, past charges can still be claimed in full.