Letters sent to creditors. what next?

blueeyedboy1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent a letter + £1 postal order for each agreement so i can receive a copy of each agreement and all other information to do with their right to act. I am so new to trying this it is unbelievable and i am really struggling with trying to understand what i should do next.

I really dont understand what i am doing so any help would be appreciated. my situation is that i am £22,000 in debt and paying £20 a month via payplan to pay a token amount as i am currently out of work. I have tried to gain employment and as my experience is within the retail sector they require a credit search to be passed before they can offer employment. obviously anything i can do to remove adverse credit marks or remove debts completely would be incredible.

I am assuming i have started in the right way by requesting the information i have. could anyone give me a step by step guide to how i should proceed and any advice you think may be helpful. obviously i will be extremely grateful as this is really affecting my health now. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Hi and welcome Blueeyedboy, you are doing really well so far. Sorry I'm a technophobe so haven't mastered linkback but do forum search (blue bar at top) and look for anything to do with Consumer Credit Agreements, Zubo's CCA Resources/workshop is great for information and there are other links there as well. Did you make sure you didn't sign your CCA request and did you send it recorded delivery, if so you wait l2+2 working days until you stop paying and then a further 30 clendar days until they are in criminal default and you then send them one of the letters from the threads mentioned above.

Doing this means the debt will still be there but unenforceable and some people are writing to the CRA's to request that info is put there to advise that the creditor was unable to supply a true copy etc.

Shouldn't think it will have any bearing on your career in the retail sector, my daughter has debt and the company she works for knows this and it hasen't affected her.

Another tip we have all learnt here is never to speak to the call centres when they start ringing you up to chase payment, say "in writing only" and if you get lots of hassle do the harassment template. Good luck matey, you will grow in confidence as you go along:)

CCA just means Consumer Credit Agreement and its the request for a true copy of the agreement under Section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The general advice from the more experienced Caggers is not to sign in case the creditors have a "Blue Peter" moment but don't worry, it is a bit of a risk for them since they could lose their credit licence if they get caught - don't worry we all make mistakes. I think Gizmo has provided a sticky on digital signatures. Good you've sent them recorded delivery and as you probably know you can print out the proof of delivery from Royal Mail's Track and Trace site. Now just chill out and wait - do have a good look around the site, you can pick up lots of hints and tips that way and people often post up letters that you can use as a template.

thank you so much for your help. maybe someone could let me know what i am looking for if/when i receive what i asked the creditors for. and if i dont receive anything how long should i leave it and what should i send to the creditors or who should i contact?

Sure thing, give 'em the 30 days, if they do send anything back - its likely to be the application form and this is not enforceable but you can scan it to the computer for others to look at first removing all your personal details (unlike me - see I said we all make mistakes!). Please have a look at all the threads on Consumer Credit Agreements on the forum search, you should find everything you need there, you might find you get more replies if you post on the general debt section.

• 2 weeks later...

14 days have come and gone and had one reply to my CCA requests out of 7 companies. I'm hoping thats a good thing. have I got another 30 days to wait before i do anything else or do i need to do anything now? I haven't paid anything for a couple of months anyway because i simply have no money to even live on let alone pay creditors. :(