Hi I'm new here...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning Ginantonic.

I enjoy reading letters like yours on this site.

Not, I hasten to add, because of your difficulties but because you have taken the first step to controlling your financial affairs instead of them controlling you.

As, shall I say an elderly citizen, I find something very distasteful about modern day yobs 'putting the boot' into vulnerable people. That is what is happening to you - or so it would seem,

Please phone two charities for their advice.

0808 808-4000 will get you through to the National Debtline.

0800 138-1111 will connect you with the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS).

No charge. Non-judgemental. Good advice.

I can, and will, elaborate if you wish - just let me know if you wish me to follow this track.

Remember, today is the day you pick up the phone and get your life back on track.

Best regards and good luck.

Vandermerwe

• Haha 1

Hi ginantonic. If I read you correctly, I don't think you have set up a DMP (debt management plan) with the CCCS.

It usually takes two or three months to do so during which time you formally advise your creditors of your financial difficulties and send each a £1.00 token payment every month.

The DMP calls for a minimum of £5.00 per creditor per month. You say you owe £32k, and so for simplicity let's assume it is owed more or less equally to 8 creditors and you can spare £160 per month on a regular basis.

You set up a direct debit payment of £160 to CCCS on the first of every month, and they pay £20 to each creditor on the 25th of the month.

They make no deductions or later charges and, for some reason, creditors seem to respect them.

Their enquiry line is 0800 138-1111 and a counsellor should make an appointment to call you back a few days hence.

Hope this clarifies things for you - I think it's what you need.

Regards

Van

OK ginandtonic. You've got me stumped and, to be frank, I don't know what to do to advise further.

Since I offered to help I want to do my best but must confess I'm a bit of a newbie as well (member since April).

I don't know the protocol for making PM requests. There are clearly some superbly qualified people on the forum who must be simply inundated by queries.

OK, I'm heading into what are for me uncharted waters.

I'm going to send a PM to someone I think might help you, but it's entirely off my own bat so let's see what happens.

In any event good luck.

Van