Does anyone know....

Jase1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry for the delay Jase, husband hogging the computer! Somewhere on the site should be the details on CCCS or National Debtline, you can telephone these charities for help and then do an income/expenditure and agree to pay as much as you can afford, this can often be a token payment of a very small amount or, if you want to go the other route, read up as much as you can on Consumer Credit Agreements, there is an excellent thread by Zubo called Consumer Credit Agreements/resources workshop, read around the site and you will soon get the idea.

National Debtline

FREEPHONE: 0808 808 4000

Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm

Saturday 9.30am to 1pm

24-hour voicemail.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

If it helps Jase, I had a similar situation last year, it must have been about 6 months for me too.......I burried my head in the sand and hoped it would go away. I ignored all phone calls, everything.

Then one morning, I had a phone call on my mobile, it was not a with held number, and I answered it.....

A cheery voice on the end just asked for me by my christian name, I said speaking and he introduced himself as Chris from MBNA. Too late I thought and started talking to him. He asked why my account was in arrears and would I discuss the situation with him... I told him that I had an appointment with the CAB (which wasnt strictly true, but I intended to) He asked what for, and I said that it was because I couldnt afford the repayments, that the debt was escalating and I felt it had all gone over my head.

To be fair he offered to help there and then...explaining that I didn't have to do that because he could help. I explained that my battery was low and I was not at home at the moment, so he offered to phone me back at home in an hour or two. I disagreed to this and said it was hard to talk at home at that time because I didnt want the family listening in. So he arranged a mutually agreeable time the next day. We went through income and outgoings and agreed a £10 per week payment, without interest and charges, as long as I stuck to the arrangement. He then took my debit card number and we decided what day this £10 could come out of my account (This wasnt forced upon me, I was happy to do it) and for the next 12 weeks the mney came out of my account weekly. Then I had to re-phone and give my card number again for the next 12 weeks.

It worked for me, and as I say I must have been 6 months down the line. Not everyone appears to have been quite so lucky, but I feel that the mention of the involvement of CAB was critical.

Good luck

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

I had a similar conversation with MBNA couple of years ago with a perfectly pleasant lady from their customer services. Unfortunately the agreed payment plan then didn't go on their system, the promise of freezing interest and charges didn't happen and the threatening letters continued. That's why it is recommended that all communication is in writing.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I did get the deal in writing some time after the event... I know I was one of the lucky ones really, but it does show that MBNA can and will help, My advice to you Jase would be to set up your CAB interview, and when that is in sight speak to someone from MBNA when they phone and ask to speak to a Manager. Explain that you intend to sort out your debts through the CAB, if they can make you a decent suggestion, all well and good, if they cannot you still have the CAB to help you

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?