• Tweets

• or go really bold ... Further to my request for a copy of the agreement you refer to on ( date) I made a section 78 request pursuant to the Credit Consumer Act 1974 to which you have yet to reply or respond. Pursuant to the Credit Consumer act 1974 section 78 (6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)— (a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.
    • Pers I'd stop paying the lot and get each defaulted by a dn issuance.  Defaults can't hurt future renting no Only ccj's Can't keep saying the same answers.    Dx        
    • Ok thank you. That’s where we are getting confused, as we’re not sure where we stand legally. But we’re still unsure who we should be going to now, the dealer or the finance company? I’m assuming the evidence we have (the reports from Mercedes) showing that the fault was there when we purchased would be sufficient to prove this? To be honest we would prefer to send the car back completely as are now concerned more problems may arise.
    • No no - I would complain via the CEO and Directors Office.     They sorted it in less than 24 hours for me. Complaint closed and compo issued. Info removed from CRA This morning. Credit Karma updated for me instantly almost.   
    • Hi, Thanks a lot for your valuable advice and apologies for bit delay in providing some additional information as requested before. I was also looking at other threads to get some more knowledge, apologies if my questions have already been answered in some other threads and I have missed them. I would appreciate if you can guide to relevant thread to help navigate easily. If I opt to go down the route of availing BS option, I'd find it more convenient if I do it in parts i.e., applying with 2/3 creditors at a time. Is that even possible in my case? I understand that DN might be the best option for me but I am trying to avoid this route as much as I can. I am currently living in a rented property with wife and 3 kids and I am not how this is going to play out in future if we decide to move to some other area. How will DN impact my intention of getting house on mortgage (dream as of today) after 6 years? If I go for DN strainght away, do I have to do it for all debts? for example, can i leave one active credit card out of this DN? what can i do if I go for DN right now but my financial situation improves in 1-2 years due to better job or promotion etc.?  Here are the details of my debts. Let me know please if you have any questions. Regards, MM Overdraft Halifax - £2,500 Starling - £500 (I can settle this immediately to keep this account active as back-up for salary and other priority expenses like rent, council tax etc.)   Personal Loans - Outstanding Amounts - No defaults or missed payments Plata - approx. £27,000 BetterBorrow - £3,450 Zopa - £14,000 Reevo - £2,800 Updraft - £2,230   Credit Card - Balances - No defaults or missed payments except those noted Virgin - £6,100 (This card is suspended.) Halifax - £5,474 (This card is suspended.) Barclays - £5,400 (I am currently on a fixed monthly payment plan of £232 for almost a year now and missed last month's payment.) Aqua - £3,100 Fluid - £2,100  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LLoydstsb here I come! - Un1boy vs LTSB ** WON **

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. I am entereing this into my particulars of claims and would appreciate some wuick advice:

Claimant has account (A/C No) with Defendant from (Date)conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of money taken by Defendant in charges over 6 years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date) to (Date) of (£0.00) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00).

_________

I only need to put the interest amount in the bold part, right?

The actual amount I'm claiming doesn't go in here as it is put at the bottom of the MCOL form before I calculate the charges.

And finally - I have calculated the daily interest to be:

897.61 x 0.00022 which equals: 0.19734.

Am I right in thinking that the daily interest rate is £1.97? Also, when does the daily interest apply - in terms of from the date they are served to the date the cheque is issued etc?!

Thanks in advance!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you I'm a bit impatient too, however I was prepared to wait the 14 days following the LBA, when we received the 2nd standard bog off letter stating this was their final decision and if we didn't like it then take it to the ombudsman I fired off a moneyclaim later that day. It was Lloyds who slammed the door to negotiation not me. Or I have been a little hasty??

9/8/2006 Moneyclaim Submitted £490

15/8/06 Reply from court, Lloyds have acknowledged with intention to defend

11/9/06 28 days to the day defence submitted by Lloyds

13/9/06 AQ received reqd to return by 30/9/06 to Rugby CC

29/9/06 AQ completed and returned to court

I'd like to see things from the banks point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my a**.

To be perfectly honest, personally I don't think it matters and with my HSBC claim I just sent the next letters/issued the MCOL the day after received their fob-off letters. I have had time to think though and realised that the the prelim and LBA together give a toatl of 28 days for them to settle out of court. If it went to court and I had waited for the full 28 days, LTSB can't turn around and say "well, we had changed our minds and were gonna pay but we werent given enough time etc etc" also, after reading Mjanet's thread I realised she is more of an expert than me, so figures I'd just wait the total times now.

I

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Well guys, I'm sending the MCOL tomorrow - based on other people's claims I'm expecting to have a defence filed, on what grounds I don't know, then to have an allocation questionnaire filled in and then get paid out - sound right?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Can't file MCOL at the mo until I get the £80 - had to pay something unexpectedly, damn it!!

Do you think Lloyds will drag this out and make me wait for a court date?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

More likely than not, un1boy - they seem to enjoy dragging the process out as long as possibly by manipulating the court process.

I did manage to get my refund before returning the Allocation Questionnaire, but that was through Martineau Johnson solicitors who Lloyds seem to have stopped using. Linky in sig if you want to read up about it - think the most interesting stuff is page 1 & 2.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Aw damn it!!

I'm trying to find the court costs coz I wanna get this moving.

I'll update as soon as MCOL issued - it's ready and waiting, lol

My charges claims:

Default removals:

UPDATE:

I filed MCOL now!!! So, it should get issued tomorrow and guess they'll wait the 7 days then acknowledge then wait the 28 days then enter a defence at the last day, along with a counterclaim, lol.

I'll keep you updated. Just a game of sitting and waiting now I guess?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Just to let you know, I got the confirmation letter from the court today saying that my MCOL had been served on them - let the fun and games begin!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Good stuff :D

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

well it is, but they do like to drag these claims out don't they? lol

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hey guys,

Just checked MCOL and LTSB acknowledged my claim 14/09/2006.

I'm expecting a defence to be filed, but not for a while yet - they get 28 days and I'm sure they'll wait until the last minute.

I'll keep you posted.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Bear in mind it's 28 days from the notification of service un1boy - Lloyds filing an Acknowledgement of Service simply means you can't file for a judgement automatically after the initial 14 days from the Notification of Service.

Yeah, good point!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

Still not heard anything from them yet!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

The 28 days is up tomorrow, so can I enter a judgement if I haven;t heard by 10am tomrrow, or do I have to wait until Thursday morning?!

Thanks in advance.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

*bump*

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Believe it'll be Thursday un1boy. Nothing to stop you from trying tomorrow though!

Thanks reload - does MCOL not let you do it if it's not time?

I'll try tomorrow though, hehe.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Damn it, tried MCOL this morning and it said that I couldn't enter judgement yet.

Just tried it now and LTSB have entered a defnce - but, the date on MCOL isd 08/09/2006 that they entered it!!!

What happnes now, how long do they have and I guess that I'll be having to enter an Allocation Questionnaire?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Yep, you'll need to return an AQ now. You should get a copy of Lloyds' defense along with your AQ from the court within the next few days. In the meantime, bone up on this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html :)

Cool, will do - I take it the court send me the AQ?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

All the best with your lloyds claim un1boy, I'll be watching with interest as lloyds are next on my hit list............they seem a bit tougher to crack than HSBC!!

Thanks Maria, and indeed yes they do! Th co-op seem to have been the easiest, didn't even need to enter MCOL (shame really, would have loved the interest etc,lol). HSBC were easy too. Lloyds and Egg though seem to be harder - Egg being the hrdest. These are the last two on my list and I'm having to leave Egg til last because I'll need to concentrate soley on them I think.

I'm helping my family get theirs now, so will have to keep a I on how halifax and barclays are dealing withtheir claims.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I know the feeling - my list is endless but need to get the first one over with, then have to move onto PPI on a loan that was mis-sold to me and finally the family members want my help too, have been reviewing Natwest forum to get a good idea of their tactics.

Just thought of another one, HSBC credit card, trouble is I don't bank with them now and have no idea of the card number, just have to do the sar with my details in full and hope for the best I suppose.