Danmarton v's Barclaycard credit card need help please

danmarton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have been having a right fight with Barclaycard credit card. It took months to get all my statements. Finally I received them all.

I sent my pre lim, plus the LBA.

The credit card was still an open account, but I wasn't using it, as we got a secured loan to pay off all our debt including this card, so the balance was zero.

My LBA was for £390 and Barclaycard have refund £64 back onto the credit card, so I am now £64 in credit.

I wrote to them, saying this was not acceptable, that the amount I requested was £390, and any money due to me, I required by cheque, not paid onto the credit card. I received a letter back, same old bumf.... sorry you are not happy blah blah blah, but our decision remains the same.

So now I am in a position where, I have £64 stuck in an account I don't use and don't know the pin number of the card to get it out, and they won't budge! And haven't even acknowledge the fact that I said I want payment by cheque, not into that account.

With the money sitting there in the account, it looks like I have accepted it as payment, which I haven't! SO any advice on what to do now?

Thanks in advance for any help

On and forgot to ask, I have been writing to

Barclaycard

Customer Relationship Unit

Barclaycard House

Massey Road

Stockton on Tees

TS17 6EX

Is this the correct address to write too?

Thanks

No, they won't budge until you start a claim against them. They have decided how much you will be refunded and you don't agree so you should now write to them declining their offer and telling them to remove the refund from your account. Also say that you will be pursuing them in court for the full amount and will only settle for the full and final amount, £390.

Does this amount include interest? If not, you could add this at your N1 stage.

Good luck, you wil get your money back ;)

Thanks for that Paintball your help is much appreciated, thats cleared a few things up for me. I have already included the interest in that amount. I know its not a huge claim, but to me £390 is a lot of money!

DANMARTON -Barclaycard did the sme thing to me wit an old account that had been closed about 18 months ago. They paid £94 into it without telling me. I rang customer services , explained what had happened and they transferred it straight ito my current account - all I had to tell them was my current account no. and my sort code.

DANMARTON -Barclaycard did the sme thing to me wit an old account that had been closed about 18 months ago. They paid £94 into it without telling me. I rang customer services , explained what had happened and they transferred it straight ito my current account - all I had to tell them was my current account no. and my sort code.

Dan

Just to clarify, I feel it important to keep your claim whole and issue a claim for the full £390. Accepting part payment may jeopardise your claim so a rejection letter is important at this stage with the clear statment that you are pursuing the whole amount. HTH :)

Agree with Paintball on above.

Plus, when the claim is settled, they will again pay it into the ccard account - fine, let them, THEN close it!

Also, make sure you ask for ALL defaults to be removed, clever paintball has had hers lifted I have just seen!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Yep, mine is for just a bit more than that and they really do waste time and money delaying giving us our money back ... each day the interest goes up;)

Yea you would think they would settle early! so the interest can't go up any more!

Got another question, do you think it is advisable, to after telling them to take the money back off the card, to close the account, so they can't put anything back on there? So they have to send me the money?

Or will they just put it back on the card as the did to LesleyJane even though the account was closed!

Yea you would think they would settle early! so the interest can't go up any more!

Got another question, do you think it is advisable, to after telling them to take the money back off the card, to close the account, so they can't put anything back on there? So they have to send me the money?

Or will they just put it back on the card as the did to LesleyJane even though the account was closed!

Address: London seems OK; I closed my CapOne card before I filed my claim as a) I no longer wanted any scabby old credit card company taking my money for free and b) in order to receive a cheque payment.

;)

Hi

The address is:

Barclays Bank PLC

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

This is their REGISTERED address, and so is who you are claiming against. Barclayscard is a trading name registered under the Barclays company.

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Thanks Paintball, you have been wonderful! I really appreciate your help!:)

I'm in the process of using your letter (although modified) with late payment marker removals with four companies - phew :p

Hope this is OK with you ...