how to reject offer

chicken crazy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

chicken crazy, You need to start a thread on the MBNA forum. Where you will find alot of advice an help.Good luck. Click on link. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Right at the top, youll see something like below, which is showing you the Consumer Action Group, then welcome to our forum, then the post you are reading.

Hope this helps...also if you want to keep up with what people are saying in a post, you can either add it to Favorites, or post a reply

navbits_start.gif Consumer Action Group > Welcome to our forum navbits_finallink.gif MBNA Address

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/ is the MBNA forum

• 2 months later...

MBNA (Virgin card) offered 50% of my claim and sent me a cheque to that amount... on the basis of ' this is in full and final settlement of your complaint'. I want to put the cheque into my account as I am skint- however, can I do that and then go on the claim the rest, will this be seen as 'dishonest' in some way given their stipulations when they issued the cheque?

Please can anyone advise.....

Thankyou for the thread to the letters, it looks like I am not able to keep the cheque and pursue the rest, one or the other. MBNA told me how much they 'valued my custom' but maintained this is the full and final settlement. I still feel like I ought to be keeping this cheque and pursuing the rest, but given that 'the test case' is going to delay all claims for a considerable time I can only respond 'with a I'll wait until the outcome of the test case before proceeding'. Seems a bit lame........ is it me or do others feel the same???

I too am in the same situation but after reading the Rejecting offers part of the Forum have come out with a different conclusion. I thought that we could keep the cheque but not cash it until the full amount has been settled.

Is this correct or do I need to rerun the GOGW cheque and await one for the full amount?

Livelylad, tell me your not gonna say go to a new thread! LOL

Nope this thread is fine.

Its a tricky one, I would not accept this offer as a full and final settlement of the claim. You could write back and inform them that you will hold the cheque for 7/14 days. Inform them they have 7/14 days to send a cheque for the balance or you will return the cheque to them.

Thankyou for the thread to the letters, it looks like I am not able to keep the cheque and pursue the rest, one or the other. MBNA told me how much they 'valued my custom' but maintained this is the full and final settlement. I still feel like I ought to be keeping this cheque and pursuing the rest, but given that 'the test case' is going to delay all claims for a considerable time I can only respond 'with a I'll wait until the outcome of the test case before proceeding'. Seems a bit lame........ is it me or do others feel the same???

The "test case" is only for BANK charges - continue claiming for your credit card ones as normal!

ohhh really, I bet there is loads out there like me that didn't realise that, I thought it was for everything...... so thanks for that.

Just a quick update out of the blue this morning MBNA wrote to me offering an increase in their offer,,, not sure why! its still not the full amount now I've got the dilema of 'accepting something rather than nothing'

hey crazy

Did you cash your original check and write to them or did you keep hold of it.

I still have mine but ReeeeealllllY need the dosh so i think I am gonna chas it and write to them saying it is only part payment.

Any thoughts?

yougeman,

I cashed my first cheque 14 days after it arrived, and continued for the remander......which came 14 days later, now I am chasing the interest they have charged me over the time in which the offence happend(compound interest)

Youngeman

I held onto the cheque (LOL) and wrote- no thanks...... I'm still about £100 short so when the second cheque arrives I may write again and say ... no thanks....but there again, they may ask for them both back or stop them or something so I will probably give in...

much as I wanted to cash the first cheque I didn't as I thought it may show up of their computer screen etc... so I'm glad now I didn't cash it!

Shame this approach doesn't work for RBS!