LTSB put £750 into my account

Mostly Harmless
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having gone the Ombudsman route TLSB wrote to me offering me £750 as "full and final settlement"

However the letter was dated the 5th July, postmarked the 12th, money was credited to my a/c the 13th and I got the letter the 14th.

I have written them saying I do not accept this as a final settlement but since my a/c was overdrawn and the £750 was "used" in paying the overdraft and covering some debits can they argue that I have taken the money and therefore accepted the offer?

I only found the rejection letters here today that authorise the bank to take the money back. My letter was almost identical apart from that bit.

Have I damaged my position on a technicality?

• 4 weeks later...
everybody seems to be vanishing now, postings dont appear to be getting replied to anymore?

I guess that everyone is waiting until the test case is resolved. Whichever way it goes it's going to get very busy when the decision comes in.

everybody seems to be vanishing now, postings dont appear to be getting replied to anymore?

We are still here, if you have anything that has not been specifically responded to then PM me with a link and I will see what I can do.

Holidays, I would have thought, partly explain why it is a bit quiet here lately.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 8 months later...