Direct Line Cancelled motor insurance

rosie&jim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this situation is probably my fault, got letter cancelling my insurance because I defaulted DD in June, I thought they would increase July's DD to cover it or represent collection 5 days later. Anyway, remembered in July to check - but none have been taken.

I telephoned today, asking if i can catch up on my payments, and thay told me that because I had defaulted twice - june & july - I would have to pay the outstanding amount of £216 in one amount. Well, I just do not have the money, and at the end of trading today - she said she would cancel the policy regardless.

I don't know what to do - will they come after me for the 6 months?

I shall have to find a new insurer tonight online.

• 2 weeks later...

If the policy is cancelled by the insurer then there wont be a cancellation charge, all you will pay is what you owe up until the date they cancelled it.

I'm a bit surprised that they didn't allow you to pay the arrears on a card and then continue paying by direct debit, which is what we usually do. Either way, you have nothing to worry about, as long as you pay the outstanding balance then they'll leave you alone.

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

Exactly the same thing happened with direct line to my son.

They cancelled the policy starting from the date of the first missed DD.

He then changed to Tescos at about half the price so it was a good result.

The end result was he was technically uninsured for 2 months although he wasnt because they didnt cancel it until after the two months were missed and back dated the cancellation. He ended up owing them about 20.00 instead of 200.00

Just change companies

I think Direct line are becoming a bit nervous and cancelling very quickly

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500