Extremely Naughty MBNA Practice

icepop55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to All on this site!

My tale to date with MBNA?

Reclaiming Credit Card Fees. After HSBC, First Direct and Halifax I though MBNA would eventual result in my favor. I have a ongoing fight

with Citi,that is a fight?

Initaily, I rejected the first offer then accepted the total amount.

MBNA then added the total settlement to the DCA (Debt Clear Recoveries & Investigations Ltd).

As I have'nt been paid apart from the first offer which I still have the cheque uncashed. I receive a letter from the acting DCA an increase to my debt?

To my eventful suprise the total offer has been placed in the DCA accounts as a added increase to the debt.

It does seem I have been penalize twice.This I believe was to disguise the so called goodwill payments offer? But what the stupid buggers have forgotten was to pay me in the first place.

I have wrote to them questioning the sequence of they dumness and have given them 10 days before I start actions in court regarding penalty fees and secondary penalty fee. I have said this will incur contractual and statutory interest plus costs?

I would like to know if this has been seen before?

Please let me know of what you think!!!!!!!:?:

Hi Ice

your words 'what more can one say' you realy are having about as much luck as me, i fully sympathise with you but hell you came this far, you will get there in the end, chin up....GC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gc

Wecome to the MBNA?

Since the start of the postal strikes I will have give them some more time to respond. Then I will claim collectively. So no is your answer!!

I do need to know if I address collective to MBNA or 'do' them both seperately?

Hey Ice

now you moved to MBNA ive no one to sound off to, im in court tomorrow with citi and had a bit of a panic on :o but got my act together and paperwork in order so ready to roll, :wink: il let you know how i get on tomorrow afternoon,

Hows the MBNA claim going?..GC

Oh I'am so sorry what I have just read on your thread Gc...

As Enron says yours 'The Judge' was it seems in fixed mind therefore not playing the GAME! However, Enron suggests that because the OFT ruling is NOT against credit Card penalties then why has'nt it been heard and dealt with? You where in court for that reason?

I do not understand, and further more is this a discretionary reaction to the OFT ruling or just plane discerning.

Hi Ice

thanks for your support, it didnt realy matter that they failed to comply to the draft order for full disclosure, the judges mind was made up before we went in, he wasnt interested in hearing from either side and although I pointed out to him that the OFTs test case was against bank accounts and not credit card fees he was having none of it and said all cases of this kind whether its bank accounts or credit card accounts would be stayed, another day Ice, I can wait..GC

Hi Gc

Just sending a letter to MBNA asking why their have'nt sent the agreed payment as per offer.

I only wish a small explaination?

As to you and it seems to others as well, are we all on the I CAN WAIT LIST.

Maybe you should ask a Mod to set up a sticky and poll dealing with issues like this cos it's only bank overdraft charges that are being stayed NOT credit cards, the OFT has already dealt with them by saying £12 is the limit.

The this site and MSE can look at what is going on and, as part of consultation in this ongoing case with the OFT etc, they may get the authorities to clarify the issue.

Hi Gc

Just sending a letter to MBNA asking why their have'nt sent the agreed payment as per offer.

I only wish a small explaination?

As to you and it seems to others as well, are we all on the I CAN WAIT LIST.

Ha ha Ice I like it "I can wait list" hope it dosnt turn into "your not getting your money back" list :eek: seriously though I hope that now my claims been stayed it dosnt mean all credit card claims are treated the same way, im sure theres a letter on the site objecting to calims being stayed and anyway when the OFT rule on bank accounts, would they rule that, the will bring action over £12 like they did with credit card fees, I cant see the costs being thet much different..Gc

Maybe you should ask a Mod to set up a sticky and poll dealing with issues like this cos it's only bank overdraft charges that are being stayed NOT credit cards, the OFT has already dealt with them by saying £12 is the limit.

The this site and MSE can look at what is going on and, as part of consultation in this ongoing case with the OFT etc, they may get the authorities to clarify the issue.

Hi Lemma, yes I think your quite right, over the weekend il have a look around all the credit card claims and find out how many are being stayed, although I believe that it could only be mine up to now..Gc

I'm a member on another site - MSE - and I have pm'ed Martin Lewis about this issue this am. He has asked me to clarify if the DJ just imposed this stay in you or did he do it on application from MBNA?

I got the distinct impression that he imposed it - am i right?

As soon as I hear anything I shall get back to you - i have only sought clarification and asked him to add it to the ongoing issues that require further consultation on.

I think you should pm a mod and ask them to set up a sticky on the main board about this so that more people can see that there may be a problem and actually clarify how many times this is happening.

In theory we should be able to continue with claims about Credit Cards, but in practice they seem to be "stayed" quite a lot too..

No-one can answer this one for you. Personally, with my claim to Barclaycard I have decided to wait a while....

There is a thread somewhere regarding which courts are more likely to grant stays than others, maybe check out your local one and see?

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

In theory we should be able to continue with claims about Credit Cards, but in practice they seem to be "stayed" quite a lot too..

No-one can answer this one for you. Personally, with my claim to Barclaycard I have decided to wait a while....

There is a thread somewhere regarding which courts are more likely to grant stays than others, maybe check out your local one and see?

some courts are staying ALL penalty claims, even business claims, Sunderland CC are still hearing cases on a day to day basis, thank goodness i didn't file at h/pool as with my claim against citi, by the time thats heard again il of forgotton every thing i was going to say in court:(

Hey Ice just poppin in to see how you getting on..Gc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Ice, how you doing pop!, well my business claim's been stayed, ive just put in my objection so hope it can go ahead, all the excitement seems to have died down with this bloody test case, its just playing the waiting game, any way i'l be keeping track of your thread, see if any further developments, take care Gc:)

Hi Gc

What a nice reminder. Good to hear from you. All quite on the western front!!!!

Recieved a very unexceptated letter and cheque from MBNA today.£111.58? The whole amount plus 58p interest?????

Guess that something is happening from other world of banking.It seems strange with (Barclay,NorthernRock & others?) are somewhat demure of the denounce stance taken after the financial mis-management of their own affairs?

Could be all in our favour!!!!!!

Keep in touch Gc